London on the Esplanade Condos (Cityzen) - Real Estate -

Yeah, you better check it out yourself. A couple of units I saw, I won't live in it even if it was free, I'm serious.

Really, you think so?
They are still asking ~$500 PSF even with the discounts.
After looking at buildings like X, Charlie, Glas, Resin, those prices really aren't that bad. Under $300K for a 2 bed is decent.

I'd have to see the models though...they layout/views might be crappy. Will most likely swing by tomorrow.

Those prices are ridiculous for that building and the poor quality that's been displayed in the photos. 2bed in 675 sq. ft., you gotta be living in a closet!!

After looking at buildings like X, Charlie, Glas, Resin, those prices really aren't that bad. Under $300K for a 2 bed is decent.

I'd have to see the models though...they layout/views might be crappy. Will most likely swing by tomorrow.

All that really tells me is that X, Charlie, Glas, Rezen, etc are that much more OVER-PRICED if $500 PSF sounds like a bargain to you.

$300K for 675 SF 2bed unit comes out to ~$450 PSF but the 2nd bedroom is really more like a den/home office.

Not trying to pick on you, but putting out feelers there to get some kind of consensus.
When you talk to friends and colleagues, do they think $500 PSF is reasonable and good value?
What age range do you fit under: 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; etc.

Thanks

All that really tells me is that X, Charlie, Glas, Rezen, etc are that much more OVER-PRICED if $500 PSF sounds like a bargain to you.

$300K for 675 SF 2bed unit comes out to ~$450 PSF but the 2nd bedroom is really more like a den/home office.

Not trying to pick on you, but putting out feelers there to get some kind of consensus.
When you talk to friends and colleagues, do they think $500 PSF is reasonable and good value?
What age range do you fit under: 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; etc.

Thanks
Most of the condos are a good 10-20K more with similar specs. Of course, those places are overpriced as well...I think most of the condos out there are overpriced and my colleagues feel the same way. I'm just comparing one overpriced condo to another and London works out to being cheaper.

I'm 28, btw.

Those prices are ridiculous for that building and the poor quality that's been displayed in the photos. 2bed in 675 sq. ft., you gotta be living in a closet!!

w.ll.am's suite looked nice and he didn't post any negative comments ...
what poor quality are you referring to ?

I looked at the 2 floorplans for 2bed/675 SF - Blakes and Westbury; they look okay but the 2nd bed is compact. It helps that they only have 1 bathroom instead of 2 in a smaller space such as these.

Price list attached. Note that the price does not include the discount. I find the larger discount ones have really bad views.

thanks for the info.

are the prices shown on the pricesheet before or after the discount?

thanks for the info.

are the prices shown on the pricesheet before or after the discount?

Before the discount, does not include the discount. Some seem like a steal, but there is a reason for that.

Be patient grasshopper, prices will continue to come down.

It's the quality (or standard) of the finishes that I'm referring to:

1) Lighting fixtures from Home Hardware circa 1980
2) 3/4" thin countertop instead of 1 1/2" (which I think is some sort of corian type thing and not granite/marble/quartz composite) - the least they could do is edge the countertop with another 3/4".
3) Awkwardly angled tile job in kitchen
4) Tiles in the kitchen!! This isn't a builder's home in Whitby, it's a downtown condo - continue the damn hardwood!
5) No framing of mirror in bathroom
6) No light above mirror in bathroom
7) 1/3 wall tile instead of the entire surround (regardless of whether it's only a tub or not) makes the entire bathroom look unfinished

In addition, the eating area on the floorplan is completely useless in reality.

There's just nothing that says "London" in this building or this suite. Where's the style, the flair, the fashion, the glamour of London that they were selling? Both interiors and exteriors are far more "Mississauga on the Esplanade".

On the upside...the floors look nice, the sinks are undermounted and it looks solidly built.

I must agree with you simuls about some of the quality issues. I have seen a number of things in several new condo developments such as the thin 3/4 counters. Also, it looks like the London sinks are drop-in and not undermounted which they should be whenever a half decent finish is used.

I actually prefer no frame around the mirror as it gives a more modern look but I totally agree with the stupidity of no overhead lighting. I helped a friend move in to a Liberty Village condo last weekend and they too had the same problem. Whenever you look in the mirror all you see is your shadow. Why they cannot install some sort of recessed lighting or a fixture in front since it is probably the most important lighting in the unit.

1) Lighting fixtures from Home Hardware circa 1980
Some fixtures are those standard ugly 80's lights and some are track lighting. Etc. This was the same in the last condo we bought (Phoebe)

2) 3/4" thin countertop instead of 1 1/2" (which I think is some sort of corian type thing and not granite/marble/quartz composite) - the least they could do is edge the countertop with another 3/4".
Edging was extra and we didn't feel it needed it. A thick countertop would just look heavy in a kitchen like that.

3) Awkwardly angled tile job in kitchen
That's your personal preference. Seems to be the best way to lay it out given the shape of the kitchen.

4) Tiles in the kitchen!! This isn't a builder's home in Whitby, it's a downtown condo - continue the damn hardwood!
We decided against hardwood in the kitchen because there's already a whole lot of very dark cupboards and this would have just been too much dark colouring for a small area. Plus we can avoid water damage from spills of all sorts like pets/children/etc.

5) No framing of mirror in bathroom
There's a lot of the mirror not shown in the pic. It would look awkward to frame it.

6) No light above mirror in bathroom
There is.. you just can't see it. It's above the sink not above the toilet.

7) 1/3 wall tile instead of the entire surround (regardless of whether it's only a tub or not) makes the entire bathroom look unfinished
Bathroom is way to small to put brown glass tiling all the way up. Though it is all the way up in the shower of course. This leaves a lot of room for artwork which I prefer over a bunch of glass that serves no purpose.

In addition, the eating area on the floorplan is completely useless in reality.
The angle is deceptive but you can easily fit a bistro table and a couple chairs. or a bar table. You might be able to fit three chairs but any more than two people and we'll just be at the dining room table anyhow. It makes for a cute space in the condo.

Ultimately, it is the owner of the condo who has to love it and if you do w.ll.am, then that's great and you're more than welcome to tell me to go f*** myself! It's certainly in a fab location. Enjoy!

Back