1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 453     0 

London 2012 Olympic Logo and Paralympic Logo

Jdot

Member Bio
Reaction score
130px-Medium-pink-

Apparently within 24 hours over 25,000 people had signed a petition to have it changed. 83% of respondants in a BBC poll gave it the worst of all possible ratings.

Same logo used for both the Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.

The logo is the numbers 2 0 1 2 and also spell out LONDON. It will be printed in pink, orange, green and blue.

I am not too impressed. It reminds me too much of the jagged, ugly Salt Lake City Logo from 2002 - which I consider to be the worst Olympic Logo in the history of Olympic Logos. This one is a close second.

Hmm. You two - Ds, sD - won't come to blows over this will you?

(and sorry Ds, I'm with sD on this one! (I'm gonna regret taking sides on this...)

Thumbs down too.

Imagine a logo worse than Vancouver 2010, and there you go!

As for DS and sD, I'm surprised they're still talking after the infamous feud over Orion VII buses of 2006.

I'm still on the fence about this logo. On one hand it looks like its drawn by a 5 year old. On the other it is completely different than any logo in the history of the olympics and it is getting all sorts of attention from people who wouldn't normally give a damn about logos. So in a way you might call it successful. I think the jagged nature of the branding is pretty neat if you are able to watch some of the promo videos of the whole campaign. Very Alsop. I just think that perhaps the logo itself wasn't carried out in a better way.

If the bit with the rings on it is the body, I can see the legs, but where's the head? I like when the logos can morph into sport-specific icons...Vancouver's will easily accomplish this.

They spent £400,000 on this :)

If the bit with the rings on it is the body, I can see the legs, but where's the head? I like when the logos can morph into sport-specific icons...Vancouver's will easily accomplish this.

They spent £400,000 on this :)

somebodys head should roll for such a waste of money. can they make an olympic sport out of that? now that's something i'd watch!

Keep in mind the money is also spent on promotional videos, branding guidelines, strategy documents, etc, etc, etc. When you look at how much revenue a logo is responsible for, a million dollars canadian is peanuts.

Back