King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

April 28th Photo

We drove past the site on Saturday (April 28th) and took a picture of the south-facing side of the building. Its starting to look good! Hopefully the nicer weather will speed things along.
4.28.12_King East Progress.jpg

Attachments

• 4.28.12_King East Progress.jpg
    4.28.12_King East Progress.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 460
Well now they are at 15th floor, you can tell by thickness of concrete on west side that they are ready to build penthouse suites. So here are pics from 14th and 19th of May.

Enjoy TKE-19th-MAY-2012

Also signs "MOVE IN MAY 2012" are all gone. Not sure how long they've been gone for and new letter will be sent out close to 15th of June. Becauce next letter has to be 100% correct move in date or they face penalties. Expected to see move in dates in two stages mid August and mid September, or so they told me...

Thanks for the update. Mid-August??? Ugh!

Well now they are at 15th floor, you can tell by thickness of concrete on west side that they are ready to build penthouse suites. So here are pics from 14th and 19th of May.

Enjoy TKE-19th-MAY-2012

Also signs "MOVE IN MAY 2012" are all gone. Not sure how long they've been gone for and new letter will be sent out close to 15th of June. Becauce next letter has to be 100% correct move in date or they face penalties. Expected to see move in dates in two stages mid August and mid September, or so they told me...

I've already received 3 letters. The first one said "closing date" of October 2011. But I guess that doesn't count?

The other two were occupancy dates March 15 and June 15.

Enjoy TKE-19th-MAY-2012

Move in for mid September for everyone? Will they do it that quickly? They still have to pour the middle part, and then slap on all the windows... I'm thinking by mid to end of June the outside and foundation will all be finished. Then all that interior stuff will be done.. July, August... September? You guys think they'll manage?

Well I got a letter today, calling for occupancy in August. But there will be another letter with exact date in 3-4 weeks and building is 85% sold 184 out of 215 units.

Yeah I received the same letter when I got home. Maybe one occupant of the 2nd floor will move in August 31st? :p I also noticed those lockers are $4500 now... yowza!

Hey here's a different topic... what neighborhood would 330 king east be considered? Cork town? Distillery? Moss Park?

This is from an earlier post of mine that gives progress milestones for the East Lofts, which is very similar in all respects:

Sept 01, 2008 - Rebar starting to approach ground level.
Oct. 28, 2008 - Ground level floor slab is poured
Sept 05, 2009 - Building is topped out - crane is removed on this day.
Oct 24, 2009 - Cladding and windows are mostly complete
Nov 02, 2009 - Developers post detailed update (post # 327)
Jan 2010 - First occupancies begin.

Based on this we can expect it to take 5 months from when the crane is dismounted. This would bring us to Oct - Nov for first occupancies, which was my prediction last year, and I still stand by it today.

This is from an earlier post of mine that gives progress milestones for the East Lofts, which is very similar in all respects:

Sept 01, 2008 - Rebar starting to approach ground level.
Oct. 28, 2008 - Ground level floor slab is poured
Sept 05, 2009 - Building is topped out - crane is removed on this day.
Oct 24, 2009 - Cladding and windows are mostly complete
Nov 02, 2009 - Developers post detailed update (post # 327)
Jan 2010 - First occupancies begin.

Based on this we can expect it to take 5 months from when the crane is dismounted. This would bring us to Oct - Nov for first occupancies, which was my prediction last year, and I still stand by it today.

Yea....I agree.

They still have a lot of work to do.

Parking spots

What is everyone's take on parking spots for The King East? I purchased a unit but at the time (4 years ago) did not think I could financially afford to purchase a parking spot as well. The prices have gone up considerably since then and my plan was/is to rent a spot from another resident who happened to have purchased a spot and is not using it for whatever reason. Based on this being a downtown location (more people commuting by TTC or walking), do you think there would be an excess of available parking spots for rent by others? I'd rather not end up in a situation where I would have to park my car at a public parking lot. Thoughts?

What is everyone's take on parking spots for The King East? I purchased a unit but at the time (4 years ago) did not think I could financially afford to purchase a parking spot as well. The prices have gone up considerably since then and my plan was/is to rent a spot from another resident who happened to have purchased a spot and is not using it for whatever reason. Based on this being a downtown location (more people commuting by TTC or walking), do you think there would be an excess of available parking spots for rent by others? I'd rather not end up in a situation where I would have to park my car at a public parking lot. Thoughts?

Even if you can rent a spot I think you are almost always better to own one when re-selling later on. If you can afford a spot I would get one.

Thanks for the pictures! Great to finally find some other soon-to-be-residents of the King East. Has anyone received that final letter advising of actual occupancy dates yet? The last we got indicated that occupancy would begin in August and that they'd be sending out letters soon with actual move-in dates... We haven't received it yet :(

My husband and I have started a Facebook Group titled "The King East" for residents and owners to join. It's not affiliated with the builder at all, just a place to meet neighbours, discuss the project and exchange questions and answers. If that's you, please look it up on Facebook and join it!

They've had a construction manager assess all of the units and the time-line to completion. So registered mail letters are supposed to be sent out by middle of July after BJL team goes through each one. Keep in mind date has to be correct or some penalties are involved. I got a few more pics I'll upload later today.

TKE-06th-July-2012

Last edited:

Back