King East Condos (Lamb Development, Hyde Park, Sher Corp ) - Real Estate -

Went to the site on my lunch break, inside of the moulding is indeed white. I've managed to snap picture of it zoomed in. I'll post it tonight.

Funny thing, I had tried to chat with one of workers in a white hat and I don't think he spoke a word of English, just pointed me over to a guy with cyan hard hat. So i had asked him about inside of the moulding and he thinks it was going to be grey, but like I've said it looked white in the sun. I've also asked him about that massive gap in the middle. That will be filled in once they reach the top, because that is only way they can bring concrete up to the top.

HaUKch.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, and it's the mullion itself, not a peel-off protective coating, I'm going to research enamel coatings that will adhere to factory coated surfaces. Taping off the windows, floors, walls, etc. and then going to town with a sprayer is about the only way to change it. Some enamels are incredibly durable, if toxic as hell when you are using them. I'll have to see the finished product first, but white is not my fist choice, I would have picked a dark charcoal grey with a low sheen.

Last edited:
Passed by the site. The windows really do look great, I must say. And yes, it looks like the interior window frames are indeed white. Again, I'm surprised and disappointed by this. I guess I'll have to paint them. May get a little messy since the caulking will probably be white and it could be difficult to paint.

Could be that the white we see is a protective tape, removed once the heavier construction is done ?

Is this a cost cutting measure? Not sure why every other Lamb Development incorporated the Grey, yet this one is confirmed white.

This is like "windowgate" LOL. Maybe on the go forward Lamb will be using white windows in his projects.

I wonder what other "changes" are in store.

Is this a cost cutting measure? Not sure why every other Lamb Development incorporated the Grey, yet this one is confirmed white.

No. No cost savings in white windows. That's why I feel like they must have made a conscious decision to go for the white interior mullions instead of the obvious choice which is dark grey or black. But I can't imagine why they chose white interior mullions. Maybe it's not to late too have the upper floors switched to charcoal grey?

Last edited:
Who knows, if there is ever a move to a greater adoption of fibergalss composite window frames on condo windows there may eventually be more variety of finishes.

I can confirm that some units do not have poured walls. I'm guessing cinder block will be used to separate some of the units. And yes, the windows have white framing. They haven't installed any over the last few days. Lets hope they realized the white framing was crappy and will switch out the windows. Fingers crossed :D

The demising walls between units will in most cases will be steel stud and drywall, unless there happens to be a shear wall between two particular units. This isn't a bad thing if it's done well. Done well = at least 3 layers of type x 5/8" GWB - preferrably 4 layers (2 each side), with roxul insulation between. Even better is two parallel walls with alternating studs.

Back