News   May 23, 2024
 59     0 
News   May 23, 2024
 322     0 
News   May 22, 2024
 1K     1 

Kartelle Lofts on Queen (at Pape, Kartelle, 4s, ?) (was Film Studio Lofts) COMPLETE

Move in Fall 2014? This place has sat moldering for six years and it will be all cleaned up, finished and sparkling, in 4 or 5 months. Pull the other one.

Hey I thought I saw something about not harping on grammar too much. Pedantic much?
You mean "a lot," I take it. And I agree. Sure, it may well be that the latest bid will amount to yet another ghost of an effort. But I still maintain that the thing has to succeed eventually. I think this one will stick. And if not, perhaps the problem can be solved with a few well-placed sticks of dynamite; the corner in question can again be blessed with a clean slate.

Why am I not surprised? I am not a superstitious person by nature but I am beginning to think this particular corner is cursed.

From my knowledge, Kartelle is about to start work. No reason to think they won't. Perhaps they don't want to speak with youngstreetmedia.

LOL! Two guys!!

That is indeed good news. I thought the project was toast... again. Great. Fingers still crossed.

IMG_2009.jpeg

They've replaced some windows, and are now adding brick. Slowly but surely. This is from about a week ago, but really, it hasn't changed much since then.

Attachments

• IMG_2009.jpeg
    IMG_2009.jpeg
    311.2 KB · Views: 877
For what it's worth, at least a few guys were working on the scaffold along the Queen St. facade. This building really looks like a dog's breakfast. Must be one of the slowest, most chronically delayed infill projects going.

0Z0lY0C4hNfBRA9B

Typical Toronto streetscape in Lenser's post - some kind of plastic garbage in the tree and overhead wires (I don't mean for the streetcar) everywhere. What a profoundly ugly city this is.

Back