News   Jun 25, 2024
 427     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 578     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.1K     3 

Kartelle Lofts on Queen (at Pape, Kartelle, 4s, ?) (was Film Studio Lofts) COMPLETE

The so called delevoper (totalsiteworks) ran out of money building this project and has not paid the sub-trades, for this reason selling the property will be difficult with all the liens on it. If it is purchased and finished the cost per unit will be uber expensive

It's going to be interesting to see what (if anything) happens now. Are there any comparable buildings which were left in limbo mid-construction? Is there a chance that this ill-fated little project could sit, unfinished, for another five years? Crazy.

site purchased by: Rose & Thistle Group

6 December 2012: It sure looks pretty, although with those gaps in the walls rather cold, eh?

20121206161639.jpg

20121206161708.jpg

Is this project still on hold or has construction re-started?

I walked past there a few days ago and there were lights on inside and what looked to be just one guy wandering around. Maybe they're getting ready to do something...

Pleasant surprise here! Should look pretty sharp when the cladding is complete. In black I presume. I like that style of windows, would like to see more of those around the city.

Update posted on BlogTO today.

FTA:

Good news may be on the horizon, though. Norma Walton from the Rose and Thistle Group says they've received conditional approval under the New Home Warranties Plan Act to continue work on the site after months of waiting.

"We anticipate we'll be starting construction over the next two to four weeks." she says. "There's no structural or foundational issues. We'll be replacing all of the windows, we'll be replacing all of the yellow that's on there now ... we're confident the suites we're building will be of quality."

"I would think occupancy will happen within 12 months of today. We're excited about it, it's a great location. The shell looks good. Once we deal with the windows and the cladding we think it will be fantastic."

Back