News   Jun 14, 2024
 2K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 789     0 

Kartelle Lofts on Queen (at Pape, Kartelle, 4s, ?) (was Film Studio Lofts) COMPLETE

For sure.

The garage to the west of it (1001 Queens St. E) is listed for $3,950,000.

Last edited:
The project as it currently stands, from the weekend:

KartelleMay17-14.png

Niiiice. Bodes well for the project, don't it?

I wish 'em luck. Be great if the thing were to finally get finished and become occupied.

I have a feeling this version will actually fly. The odds are in its favour.

Along with Oben Flats and the project slated for the south side of Queen East near Greenwood, there's some buzz happening along this stretch.

Given the popularity of Leslieville with home buyers, it is surprising to me that it has taken this long to get new condo/apartments in this neighbourhood and stretch of Queen St. East.

It is all about ownership. Real unknown. Can they get financing to complete is the question after buying the building.
I have a feeling this version will actually fly. The odds are in its favour.

Along with Oben Flats and the project slated for the south side of Queen East near Greenwood, there's some buzz happening along this stretch.

Well, considering the unfortunate, rather checkered history of this project, one hopes they've already figured all that stuff out and are now ready to actually complete the thing.

You are never ready until you have financing. And that means alot of your own cash in. Alot.
Well, considering the unfortunate, rather checkered history of this project, one hopes they've already figured all that stuff out and are now ready to actually complete the thing.

You are never ready until you have financing. And that means alot of your own cash in. Alot.

You mean "a lot," I take it. And I agree. Sure, it may well be that the latest bid will amount to yet another ghost of an effort. But I still maintain that the thing has to succeed eventually. I think this one will stick. And if not, perhaps the problem can be solved with a few well-placed sticks of dynamite; the corner in question can again be blessed with a clean slate.

Last edited:
That, I gather, was the problem with the earlier attempts to make a go of the project; insufficiently deep pockets. Or too much ambition with too little substance. Or something.

Back