News   May 07, 2024
 534     1 
News   May 07, 2024
 398     0 
News   May 07, 2024
 345     0 

Heintzman Place (Options for Homes) - Real Estate -

zahra... hopefully they'll install some fat ass sound installation cause i agree with UD on train noise... i too live close to Bloor and that train noise can get really annoying...

are they plan on putting an extra set of traffic lights in front of this project? Keele gets crazy during rush hour...

At least the demolition is finally underway - there were some issues to be worked out, but hopefully now it will all go ahead.

And yes, the buildings are supposed to have a good sound-proof insulation. But I guess it's hard to avoid any "city noises" when living in the city. Where we live now, there are a lot of car alarms going off for now reason, which can be pretty annoying.

The only thing that really bothers me are the problems caused by NRI. Are any of you affected by the stupid condition concerning certain windows? If so, please let me know. I would like to know what others are doing about that. :mad:

Zahra

What a difference the lack of power lines makes.

image479hv.jpg

Since nobody's responded in kind, let me offer: what a difference the lack of McBride Cycle makes.

The street signs are weird in that area ... doesn't seem Torontoish.

I was bored and photoshop was open, so i quickly tried to imagine what it would be like if the village by high park condos were part of the old junction world, to see if it suited the vibe..(this is really roughly done)

futurepastqp9.jpg

i think i'l do a more accurate one when its finally built, i was just using a promo pic of the condo from the options site.

in case you wanted to see the awesome original photo:
fo1231f1231it0430bl0.jpg

as stated a few times, the condos are on the site of the former Heintzman piano factory as seen above. love this pic.

Does anybody have any updates on The Village by High Park? I've never had a chance to attend a condo meeting due to school and work, but the last newsletter I received said that if the cranes were in before the first snowfall, things would be on track.

Drove by the other day, no crane(s), and today was the first big snowfall. Soo.. does that mean the project is off track?

Drove by the other day, no crane(s), and today was the first big snowfall. Soo.. does that mean the project is off track?
At the last meeting, Mike Labbe explained that the cranes were still needed at their current site, but should become available sometime in December. He also said that construction was not delayed because workers were busy building the footings for the foundation.

There's a Facebook group for this project, by the way.

At the last meeting, Mike Labbe explained that the cranes were still needed at their current site, but should become available sometime in December. He also said that construction was not delayed because workers were busy building the footings for the foundation.

There's a Facebook group for this project, by the way.

Thanks for the info. The newsletter stated the same however, but with only a few days left in December I guess I'm getting antsy. When I first signed up I was told spring of 2009, now we're into December 2009, but who knows how many other delays there can be? As a first time buyer I'm not sure how many delays to expect.

Thanks for the info. The newsletter stated the same however, but with only a few days left in December I guess I'm getting antsy. When I first signed up I was told spring of 2009, now we're into December 2009, but who knows how many other delays there can be? As a first time buyer I'm not sure how many delays to expect.

From what I have heard from other people, new constructions get always delayed for one reason or another. Hopefully at this point, with the City permits and financing in place, there will be no more delays. With the whole "credit crunch" situation, Mike did a great job securing the loans.

The new occupancy date is more like Spring 2010 now... (which I prefer to December 2009 anyway). But as long as the work stays on schedule, we should be OK. And I am not exactly the most patient person around !!! :)

Zahraa

Last edited:
Crane number 1 went up last week. There will be another crane going up in a couple months. Occupancy is still scheduled to begin in Spring 2010. The construction downturn may actually result in the work speeding up because construction and trades workers could be more available if other projects are delayed or canceled.

One more thing: The construction of the slab and first level could be seen in the next month, as excavation of the one underground parking floor will be done after the ground thaws, and can be heated and enclosed by the above construction.

Back