News   May 06, 2024
 549     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 707     1 

Heintzman Place (Options for Homes) - Real Estate -

Hi, we went to an Options for Homes presentation yesterday and we reserved a condo on the North side and we are considering purchasing it but we are concerned about the rubber tire plant 'NRI' nearby. Can anyone in the neighbourhood tell us how often smells are emitted and how strong they are? The builders are installing a air filtration system and thicker windows however we would like to know if the plant could be an issue.

Thanks Tamuka!

Hi, we went to an Options for Homes presentation yesterday and we reserved a condo on the North side and we are considering purchasing it but we are concerned about the rubber tire plant 'NRI' nearby. Can anyone in the neighbourhood tell us how often smells are omitted and how strong they are? The builders are installing a air filtration system and thicker windows however we would like to know if the plant could be an issue.

Sorry I can't answer your questions about the nri, which floor is your unit on? We're right at the top and also on the North side.
I visit the site often and never notice any chemical smells...

Yeah, I've visited the area a number of times and never noticed a smell either. I guess it's possible that smells could exist, but I've not noticed it.

Also, I've heard that things aren't going terribly well for NRT and that their long-term status in the neighbourhood might not be good. So, who knows, they could be out of business by the time the building is built...especially if it keeps getting delayed!

Also, I've heard that things aren't going terribly well for NRT and that their long-term status in the neighbourhood might not be good. So, who knows, they could be out of business by the time the building is built...especially if it keeps getting delayed!

I heard the same thing :) Yay

I also stand by the site and wait for the trains to pass a few times, just to see if the noise would bother me, I've never lived by train tracks... it's not bad :p

I really hope more people with kids move in..

Hi Everyone, I purchsed a place in tower 2 last March and can't wait to move into the neibourhood. I see some people are worried about both quaility and low income earners. I have live at 650 Lawrence (another Potions building) for the past 5 years and I can tell you 2 things about Options Building. I have never had any problem with the quaility of the building. When I first moved in there were a couple little things that needed to be completed (which is typicle of new construction) and this was done in less than 2 weeks. Options set up a great building management team to oversee that everything went smoothly with the move in. Also my building is just like all Options buildings is Middle class. As prev mentioned a lot of young professinals, empty nesters and newlyweds. It makes for a great living enviorment with hardworking people from every stage of life. I hope this helps for anyone that has been a little nervous.

Does anyone know if construction has started? I haven't been able to get in the area lately but they just called to set up my color selection.

UD, I live just south of Dundas and I cant hear the trains at all during the day. When things get quiet at night and the wind in blowing south I can barely hear them but not enough to keep me up. The shunting on the other hand can be a bit loud at times.

Benny, construction hasn’t started yet but they are slowly tearing down the old building.

What a difference the lack of power lines makes.

image479hv.jpg

Village by High Park

Hello - I am glad to have found this forum as my boyfriend and I have purchased a suite from Options in Phase 2.

I like the idea of a more simple building with environmentally friendly features - right now we live in one with all the bell and whistles (sauna, pool, etc.) which we never really use, just pay for them. And especially now, with most condominiums being so overpriced, this type of project is not for "poor people" as some may see it. It is an efficient way to generate good quality, reasonably priced condos, which our city could definitely use more of. The buildings will still have an exercise room, party room, etc.

Even though the area does not look the most appealing right now, the two new buildings should bring some life to it, followed by more businesses, etc. And the junction area has a lot of history and personality. By the way, who would have wanted to live at King/Bathurst or Distillery some years ago? Someone has to be the first to venture to a new area before it becomes fully developed.

Enough of my rambling - just wanted to add my thoughts to this forum. ;)

Zahra

Hello - I am glad to have found this forum as my boyfriend and I have purchased a suite from Options in Phase 2.

I like the idea of a more simple building with environmentally friendly features - right now we live in one with all the bell and whistles (sauna, pool, etc.) which we never really use, just pay for them. And especially now, with most condominiums being so overpriced, this type of project is not for "poor people" as some may see it. It is an efficient way to generate good quality, reasonably priced condos, which our city could definitely use more of. The buildings will still have an exercise room, party room, etc.

Even though the area does not look the most appealing right now, the two new buildings should bring some life to it, followed by more businesses, etc. And the junction area has a lot of history and personality. By the way, who would have wanted to live at King/Bathurst or Distillery some years ago? Someone has to be the first to venture to a new area before it becomes fully developed.

Enough of my rambling - just wanted to add my thoughts to this forum. ;)

Zahra

You may have got in just in time! http://www.torontolife.com/features/extreme-junction/

Back