News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 658     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 305     0 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

Having successfully extended HtO's public waterfront promenade around the private condo ( which doesn't have retail in it! ) that's at the foot of Spadina last summer, the Head of Slurp will extend the process of public engagement even more.

I like the head of slip, too. I can hardly imagine the safety types allowing it, though. Will it have a four-foot fence at the waterside end?

Having successfully extended HtO's public waterfront promenade around the private condo ( which doesn't have retail in it! ) that's at the foot of Spadina last summer, the Head of Slurp will extend the process of public engagement even more.

Do you mean occupied or at all?

It's an amazing transformation with such a small project. I love the underwater LED's. This is going to become a magical place at night come June 2008.

There were supposed to be underwater LED's at HT0 park, but there are not. I don't have faith this will either.

Glen: the award-winning Harbour Terrace condo at 401 Queens Quay West, next to where the Slurp Ramp is going, has never had retail in it because it is a condo building. It is south of the Quay, set back from the water with a promenade.

Glen: the award-winning Harbour Terrace condo at 401 Queens Quay West, next to where the Slurp Ramp is going, has never had retail in it because it is a condo building. It is south of the Quay, set back from the water with a promenade.

If I recall correctly, it used to have a restaurant when it first opened. But it went out of business pretty quickly.

Interesting.
Get ready for the winter barricades blocking the Heads of Slip, otherwise the Heads of Slip will be at the head of slips - headfirst into the water!

Thanks MetroMan for the link- (ps. I meant construction pics of the project underway-but link is good too!) I new that something was to happen in this area, but didn't know exactly what. I think they have come up with some great ideas for the various slips and I especially like the idea bringing the users closer to the water- regardless of how polluted it is. I also really like the idea of lighting the underside of the structures- but I kind of got the impression that these were only further concept ideas and may in fact not be implemented?

Great to see these projects coming along..little by little, it is moving along.

p5

I wonder if they'll eventually discard the LED lights to prevent birds from drowning.

Back