News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

GO Transit: Union Station Shed Replacement & Track Upgrades (Zeidler)

lol when you own a business, you love people who act in such ways...

3427322898_1e5e733ff7_o.jpg

Wow, that is very little clearance above for future overhead Electrification.
Lets not leave ourselves limited to only certain models of future trains.

For instance.Double decker TGVs will one day arrive here.

tgvdx7011cde91abua31.jpg

TGV_wideweb__470x22201.jpg

Last edited:
I wondered about the same thing. I asked Steve Munro on one of his blog posts about the renovation, and he says that there's enough clearance. I'm still skeptical, though.

they can always build a new one. ;)

The pantographs can raise up and down, and at the station, they would probably be lowered as they travel at a lower speed. It's raised on the higher speed sections to decrease the tension between the pantograph and the wire.

That's the existing roof - nothing in the new canopy will limit the station to only certain train models.

GO Transit has published a 2009 Work Schedual for the Union Station Rail Corridor. It is available at Union Station by the scheduals. Among the details is the timeline for the Train Shed Work: July 2009 to December 2014.

5-1/2 years to build a shed.:eek: hopefully no work stopages, or the thing might take a lifetime.:D

I sure if they could kick out the passengers and trains while they do the construction it would take a fraction of that time. They probably have restrictions on the hours they can work and extra structures to provide safety to customers to build in order to keep things fully operational at the station.

GO Transit has published a 2009 Work Schedual for the Union Station Rail Corridor. It is available at Union Station by the scheduals. Among the details is the timeline for the Train Shed Work: July 2009 to December 2014.

As usual GO has published something on paper but not put it on their website - the construction section of which is sadly out of date.

Back