News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 961     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 362     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Thanks for the update on the Guelph terminal. Looks like they have the south track in the new alignment and part of the north track in place. Is the pedestrian underpass at the station already built?

Took a drive by the Hide House in Acton today and there's no sign of construction. From the sounds of it, Kitchener's almost ready for trains when they arrive.

The Sheppard underpass at the Agincourt GO station is really coming along- they are getting the tracks ready to hook up to the existing line almost. Does anyone know if the Agincourt GO station itself is getting a reno? Some some pics of some really good work being done on different stations that some of you posted- really going to help make commuting more comfortable for people using transit.

The Sheppard underpass at the Agincourt GO station is really coming along- they are getting the tracks ready to hook up to the existing line almost. Does anyone know if the Agincourt GO station itself is getting a reno? Some some pics of some really good work being done on different stations that some of you posted- really going to help make commuting more comfortable for people using transit.

GO increased the number of parking spaces a few years ago. I wonder if this station would be a good candidate for a parking garage similar to Centennial since there isn't room to add more surface parking? It might not make sense now, but with mid-day and weekend service, this station could see quite a bit of traffic.

GO increased the number of parking spaces a few years ago. I wonder if this station would be a good candidate for a parking garage similar to Centennial since there isn't room to add more surface parking? It might not make sense now, but with mid-day and weekend service, this station could see quite a bit of traffic.

Unlike most stations, this one has excellent bus connections. I think it's better policy to work towards fare integration than it is to build more parking here.

Makes sense that is the more recent date I've heard. I doubted that everything would be in place by then but if that's the date they have finalized then there's no doubt it will happen by any means necessary.

10 or 12 car trains? Any idea?

10 car trains to start, with 12 car trains at some point next year. It is going to make for some very crowded commutes, particularly since train 207 is full to the gunnels as it is.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

10 or 12 car trains? Any idea?

Good question and directly related to that question is Ahrens St in Kitchener and Eastern Ave in Acton being closed in this initial phase? Without closing those streets I'm wondering if they would tell riders to those places to use specific cars much like they have done in the past during construction at other stations.

Ahrens St is closed.
I'm not entirely sure *why* it needed to be closed though. There isn't going to be much demand, so only loading 6 cars (or whatever fits in the current platform). Is 20 people in only 6 cars instead of 10 really going to make that much of a difference?

The new tracks are hooked up to the GO line at the Agincourt GO Station on Sheppard Ave. Dufferin Construction already had some digging equipment on the east side (where the temporary tracks were till a couple of days ago) of the new underpass to start work on that side of the this new rail bridge. Hopefully this new infrastructure increases the efficiency and safety of this route and attracts new riders.

Ahrens St is closed.
I'm not entirely sure *why* it needed to be closed though. There isn't going to be much demand, so only loading 6 cars (or whatever fits in the current platform). Is 20 people in only 6 cars instead of 10 really going to make that much of a difference?

I suspect that there are two reasons as to why they closed Ahrens. The first is to allow for a bit more parking, and the second is because the trains will be sitting at the station for almost 10 minutes in the mornings.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I suspect that there are two reasons as to why they closed Ahrens. The first is to allow for a bit more parking, and the second is because the trains will be sitting at the station for almost 10 minutes in the mornings.

Why would they need to be there that long?

I kind of doubt they're going to be setting up any parking spots there. As far as I know, Waterloo Region is going to be providing parking in the future intermodal hub property at King & Victoria.

Back