News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Why was the platform built so far to the west at the N. Falls station? I don't understand why the train stops so far (relatively) from the station? Or is my perception off?

The ramp was moved to the west and the platform extended as before it couldn't accommodate a full sized consist which necessitated a ridiculous double stop at the station.

My understanding was that the ramp was moved and the platform extended to allow both GO and VIA trains to be stopped on the same track at the station, and not requiring VIA to switch to the siding before the GO trains pull in.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

My understanding was that the ramp was moved and the platform extended to allow both GO and VIA trains to be stopped on the same track at the station, and not requiring VIA to switch to the siding before the GO trains pull in.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I'm sure VIA was pushing for that, undoubtably that was also a primary reason for it. But when a GO train was spotted at the mini ramp, the last couple of coaches behind the engine were not on the platform. Hence the platform needed to be extended in any case.

Noticed that the platform extensions at Brampton are done....any idea when the 12 car trains can start running on the G-Town line? Are there other stations needing extensions before this is done?.....are the 12 cars gonna come around the same time as the extension to K-W? (ie. adding more stations to serve with trains that are already full might mean someone says "mmmm, maybe we should lengthen them thar trarins").

They are starting to put glass in the pedestrian walkway that goes over the 401 (16 lanes I think!) from the Pickering Town Centre on the north side of this highway to the Pickering GO station on the south side. Like TOareaFan's concern I hope they address the crowding issue if this new piece of infrastructure adds a lot of riders here in the east as well. Good to see all these improvements to the GO network, extensions, grade seperations, station improvements and even things like the pedestrian walkway I mentioned, or even the new bus bay at the new Centenial College bus loop on Progress Ave. I don't know if GO paid for that or the money allocated to Centenial College for their own modernization- whoever did it I am grateful!

Does anyone know if the widening of the bridge over the Credit river on the Georgetown line has been completed?

Is the info on GO's website?

I checked GO's website to find info on another project and timelines- I wanted to find info on the Agincourt Station work and grade seperation with Sheppard Ave. GO's website said the funds for that comes from the Sheppard East LRT monies. I thought the Sheppard East LRT funds had all been diverted to the Eglinton Crosstown LRT project? Like I mentioned on another thread I am glad this project is still going- it is really coming along- looks like the bridge itself will have enough room for two track (maybe a needed siding is being planned). Even if LRT doesn't come this grade separation is going to help increase efficiency and safety of both rail traffic and street traffic, including the very busy 85 bus, on Sheppard.

Does anyone know if the widening of the bridge over the Credit river on the Georgetown line has been completed?

The bridge has been extended to the north for a new set of tracks and it looks like the piers and abutments have been built to support bridge expansion south in the future. Even though the bridge work looks complete the new northern tracks hadn't been laid yet as of last month.

Lakeshore E
It was nice to see the 3rd track in use for the east end on Tuesday.

Of course, it wasn't as nice to be stuck in the train that necessitated the use of the third track. I had that unfortunate pleasure.

Stop off at Clarkson station today and it is 99.5% complete.

The south platforms is finished, but still rope off for the last 5 cars of the trains. A could shelters need cleaning, but finish.

The 2 south elevators are not in service, but work was taking place on them.

The tunnel section to the south is now open. The stair to the west end of the platform still block off.

All of the parking lot and kiss & ride is open 100%.

Caught FP 560 on point in front of cab car 207 and MP40PH-3C 616 on the rear of a westbound.
[video=youtube;gtHgE3DS_XU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtHgE3DS_XU[/video]

Last edited:
GO is bad as TTC for opening things up late or incomplete.

At the rate the Burlington Plus 30 bridge is being built, Pickering overpass that 5 times bigger than Burlington will open first, considering Burlington started before Pickering. I have yet to see the Pickering bridge in person.

In the last 2 months, the only thing I see new for the Burlington bridge is wiring that was taken place since my Oct visit and that not completed as of today. It looks like there is a screw-up with the window frames, as there are none on the site anymore. I am sure there were frames on my Oct visit. Looking at my Sept photos, frames were on the ground and a couple leaning in the bridge walkway frame.

The stairs and the based still don't have concrete, but the bridges does. No roofing in place nor the end close off at the parking structure. So much for Fall 2012 completion.

Bronte
The new Bronte south parking lot is haft finish. The new structure is also haft finish and not sure what being built at the north edge of the lot away from the ramp for accessibility and new entrances.

Oakville
All the stair wells are about 2 floors short of where they are to stop. The east end looks like there will be 2 elevators as well something else. Need to stop off one day and take a closer look at the parking structure.

Clarkson
The west end of the platform is still not open and crews were working on the 2 south elevators.
6333984310_ce70b0cf3a_b.jpg

6333229941_c5419c38a2_b.jpg

6333229377_a07c350c77_b.jpg

6333981790_6f34c75214_b.jpg

6333966210_f6389d4d34_b.jpg

6333213217_fe78dc622f_b.jpg

6333965252_cbf19b4aa9_b.jpg

Sept Photo

6149354436_56d9320a40_b.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the construction at the Guelph transit terminal. The bridge over Wyndham Street for the second track needs to be completed before GO can put the new platform in. It looks like they are close to ready to pour the foundation for the new bridge.

The bus portion of the station is also coming along well. The curbs and road for half of the station is now complete. City and intercity buses are supposed to start using the new terminal in May.

Attachments

• IMG00105-20111112-1342.jpg
    IMG00105-20111112-1342.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG00111-20111112-1344.jpg
    IMG00111-20111112-1344.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG00109-20111112-1344.jpg
    IMG00109-20111112-1344.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 196

Back