News   Jul 16, 2024
 252     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 481     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 600     2 

Global Village Backpackers Redevelopment (460 King W, Allied REIT, 3s, Gensler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The east side of the building now has a modern glass facade that matches the western glass lobby addition.

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,501
Last edited by a moderator:
Noticed the white facade facing King got tagged. No camera at the time.

Last edited:
Would cameras really help? I'm sure someone witnessed this. Maybe not but, one of the biggest problem I have with people in this city is that they don't do anything beyond bitching and complaining about everything.

Man, I wish most of the city's buildings looked as good as that pair.

And don't worry, the graffiti will be back in no time. Someone will feel the need to give back to the community.

A survey crew was working around the 460 King Street West building this morning. Allied owns the properties on either side (west on King Street and north on Spadina) of the property, and has spoken of plans for intensification of the area. Information on the acquisition, and on Allied's adjoining properties from the July 2014 press release is as follows:

460 King Street West
Located on the northwest corner of King Street West and Spadina Avenue, this property is comprised of a vacant heritage building with approximately 20,000 square feet of GLA and 4,224 square feet of surplus land. The site is rectangular in shape with 8,960 square feet of area, 70 feet of frontage on King West and 128 feet of frontage on Spadina. The property is immediately south of Allied’s parking lot (11,228 square feet) at 78 Spadina, which is immediately south of two of Allied’s Class I office properties, 80-82 Spadina and 96 Spadina.

Looking forward to seeing what is being planned here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back