News   Jul 16, 2024
 411     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 528     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Global Village Backpackers Redevelopment (460 King W, Allied REIT, 3s, Gensler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in the area and notice that the coffee shop is always full. It's a great location and it's become so popular that it's nearly impossible to find a seat. They could add nearly double the seating they have now with the space remaining in the middle. I hope they do because I'd rather hang out here than at Starbucks.

I don't think the coffee is the main attraction here. It's a beautiful building to hang out or work in. I've only been able to get a seat twice and both times, while I worked on my iPad Pro editing photos, people engaged in conversation and I made new network connections.

Wait... where are the seats? I was just there today and didn't see any seating at all. Assumed it was just a grab & go type of place.

It was ridiculously busy though. Didn't understand why as the coffee was sub-par and the baked goods weren't special either.

The seating is in the back, the brick building on Spadina, north of the tudor building. There's an indoor connection of course, just left of the cashier. Anyway, good luck getting seating.

I've never found it hard to get a seat at Quantum.

The space only has four-seater large tables, usually only taken up by two or three people. Just ask a group if they don't mind sharing a table with you. I've never been turned down the multiple times I've been.

A table alone however... gonna be pretty much impossible to find.

This thread has now being locked, and a new thread has been started for a larger assembly of properties by Allied REIT for this and adjacent lots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back