Mustapha

Member Bio
Reaction score
DSCF0327-1.jpg

DSCF0319.jpg

DSCF0321.jpg

DSCF0322-1.jpg

DSCF0324.jpg

You can always tell "there goes the neighbourhood" whenever a Sunset Grill opens up....

I love Fran's!!!

Long ago, my grandparents would go on dates there. Then they introduced my mother to it. And here I am now, enjoying it for myself. :)

i love my big breakfast at fran's!

a group of friends and i usually head over there after they are done djing on every other friday night. nothing like a good "healthy" meal at 3am.

however, it's sometimes so packed at that hour that we have to head down the street to golden griddle. :(

I went to the College and Yonge Fran's for Xmas dinner with my father in 1977, when my mother was back in England. He never forgave me for that one!

I went to the College and Yonge Fran's for Xmas dinner with my father in 1977, when my mother was back in England. He never forgave me for that one!

Was it really that bad? I've always thought of Fran's as unadventurous but "safe".

Like some others, I have not been to a Fran's for years now. I should drop in, for old times' sake. I used to occasionally go to the one on St. Clair just west of Yonge. It gave off an atmosphere of not having changed for years, which I'm sure was part of its appeal. I remember that every staff member appeared to be at least 50.

I see a few posts above that smuncky mentions 'Golden Griddle'. I would say that culinary-wise Golden Griddle has a slight edge.

Well, I can't forgive your dad's people for meat pies and chips. Then one time I had this meal - in Greenwich - I was scratching my head at the mystery of the attraction of it.:)

Is it just my fading memory, boys, or was there a Fran's on the west side of Yonge ( upstairs, near where Funland is/was ) in the '70s? My OCA friend Donna used to work as a waitress in a restaurant in just such a location in those days.

Is it just my fading memory, boys, or was there a Fran's on the west side of Yonge ( upstairs, near where Funland is/was ) in the '70s? My OCA friend Donna used to work as a waitress in a restaurant in just such a location in those days.

Yes, there was a Frans there.

Also one at Yonge and Eglinton; where the 'What a Bagel' is now.

I see a few posts above that smuncky mentions 'Golden Griddle'. I would say that culinary-wise Golden Griddle has a slight edge.

LOL, I used to go to the Golden Griddle all the time growing up. But since I turned about 18, I can't remember the last time I was at the Golden Griddle either sober, or before 2 am.

Back