News   Apr 25, 2024
 65     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 355     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 655     0 

Frans restaurant; 'A Toronto tradition since 1946'

I always remember my mother telling me tales of excitedly going to Fran's, the first licensed restaurant in the city. I enjoy it more for its 3am characteristics.

Update: The corned beef hash.

Update:

The corned beef hash.:)

DSCF0323-1.jpg

I love Fran's ... for being a true diner at its heart ... just like the Mel's Diner (in Waterloo)

Have you tried Heinz in the States? It's darker and maltier. Not sure which one I prefer.

I went to Fran's for the first time this weekend, for a nice hangover breakfast. It was ok, but seemed a lot pricier than I expected or than it should've been. I thought it was a cheap home-style diner, but it wasn't quite. As an orange juice lover, I wanted to have a glass but couldn't stomach the nearly $4.00 price per.

I went to Fran's for the first time this weekend, for a nice hangover breakfast. It was ok, but seemed a lot pricier than I expected or than it should've been. I thought it was a cheap home-style diner, but it wasn't quite. As an orange juice lover, I wanted to have a glass but couldn't stomach the nearly $4.00 price per.

any kind of juice seems to be pricey at any diner place for some reason including wimpy's and golden griddle.

any kind of juice seems to be pricey at any diner place for some reason including wimpy's and golden griddle.

I guess it's because it's freshly squeezed, pure juice, so there are probably several oranges per glass. Come to think of it, most real fruit juices are expensive anywhere.

Ah, Frans. *The* place to go after a vicious all-nighter. There, nursing a hangover, you can fill yourself with the four essential food groups - sugar, grease, caffine and burnt crunchy bits - and imagine you have warped into the 1960s (and thus that last night didn't really happen and you won't have to show your sorry face today).

Does anyone eat there otherwise? :D

How well they know their target market - "I feel like Frans" indeed.

Is Frans downtown, the same Frans you see in Barrie on the way to/from Wasaga/Collingwood? I've enjoyed Sunday breakfasts at Frans downtown.

Frans on College is well-loved, but I think it's gross.

Fifties deco decor is not an excuse to be a dingy, fruit fly infested hole.

Anyone remember Lime Ricky's?

I do. Lime Rickey's and East Side Mario's both gone for more stores. It'd be nice to have more sit-down restaurants in the Eaton Centre.

Back