Toronto Hullmark Centre | 167.94m | 45s | Tridel | Kirkor Architects

No, you can't.

Uh, yes, you can. Rosedale was a suburb and is still very suburban but that doesn't make Yonge & Bloor less urban. Downtown Toronto almost completely lacks the "middle density" between towers and single family homes that mysteryman thinks makes an area urban.

Uh, yes, you can. Rosedale was a suburb and is still very suburban but that doesn't make Yonge & Bloor less urban. Downtown Toronto almost completely lacks the "middle density" between towers and single family homes that mysteryman thinks makes an area urban.

Higher houses, smaller lots, more sidewalks, narrower streets, less driveways, street parking, mixed with dozen of purpose built lowrise mulit-family blocks to name a few (disregarding that many a mansion in areas like Rosedale have been converted to mulit-family)

Perhaps I'm just nitpicking as I do somewhat agree with your overall point however, its the subtle differences between pre and post war that make your example a rather poor choice.

Higher houses, smaller lots, more sidewalks, narrower streets, less driveways, street parking, mixed with dozen of purpose built lowrise mulit-family blocks to name a few (disregarding that many a mansion in areas like Rosedale have been converted to mulit-family)

Perhaps I'm just nitpicking as I do somewhat agree with your overall point however, its the subtle differences between pre and post war that make your example a rather poor choice.

Yes, you are nitpicking, because all of downtown north of Queen Street consists of towers right next to houses. The neighbourhood around North York Centre has a pre-war form, by the way.

Context-free rendering of Hullmark from Tridel's website...

building_472.jpg

This would have looked much better at TLS than what we got! Heck this could even have been put where MLS is being built. It really is very nice. I like the way the ads are. It's nice to look at and not sloppy like TLS.

Remember that when it is built all the ads would be plastered over with Travel Pennsylvania and 10 kinds of water.

I live in the area, I love this location and I’m excited about this Hullmark centre project. I live in the Cosmo next door to it and the one thing I am concerned about is that they will be blocking my view once completed. Now, should I be worrying about my unit decreasing in value? Or do I have nothing to worry about as the location and the area amenities far out-weigh my exposure? Will living so close to the Hullmark centre be a huge benefit to my unit’s valule?

I think property value is govern by the general area your in with minor variances arising from some of the points you made. Given that I would except the property value to go up after ALL these projects are complete as there will be very little land left (minus housing).

Hullmark Centre Sales Centre

The Sales Centre is still undergoing construction but I managed to go in and pick up a package. The Centre is located at 4779 Yonge Street which is at the Willowdale plaza, in between the Metro (formerly Dominion) and National Sports Centre.

Rosedale is very suburban. Actually, Rosedale is like living in a condo--a gated community basically, where every little detail is noticed by your neighbours, and bitched about, or gossiped about. I guess the only difference is I'd rather live in Rosedale than in a condo.:)

Ever see anyone other than nannies walking in Rosedale? (23 October 2008 edit: Also, contractors and their minions! :p)

Back