Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

Congrats @Full Metal Junkie !

My occupancy is for the 18th. Is it safe for me to book the elevator and movers for the following day?

Just a point of clarification, the keys photo is from a couple years back when I got my occupancy in Onni's last project - Westlake Encore. I ended up booking my elevator for the next day as well, but I really didn't need to. The way Onni did it (pre-lockdown, of course) is that you can just walk up to the reception on the morning of the occupancy where you get your welcome package which includes, among other things, your parking and locker assignment and the keys. If I wanted to, I could have moved in the same afternoon.

Just a point of clarification, the keys photo is from a couple years back when I got my occupancy in Onni's last project - Westlake Encore. I ended up booking my elevator for the next day as well, but I really didn't need to. The way Onni did it (pre-lockdown, of course) is that you can just walk up to the reception on the morning of the occupancy where you get your welcome package which includes, among other things, your parking and locker assignment and the keys. If I wanted to, I could have moved in the same afternoon.

Very reassuring. Sounds like you were pretty happy with their operation. The only thing that could delay it are the lawyers. Makes me wonder how many they allow to occupy on a given day. Glad I was able to get elevator booking. Now I just need my movers to confirm.

@stevenp I’m on 5. I was hoping I could have stopped by to see the ground floor, parking and loading dock but was told they don’t allow visitors yet.

Just received my PDI. Here’s a few worth mentioning.

One I’m concerned about is the floor needs levelling in the bedroom. If I move in and have my stuff there, how would they end up doing this?? This seems to be a pretty major deficiency.

Am I supposed to sign the PDI form acknowledging that I’ve inspected the unit, because I haven’t as you all could imagine.

5F61AA5B-776C-4301-AB0C-8FBD521635C2.jpeg
F5999F8F-E324-496D-8D0A-10262D8C4302.jpeg
CFFA0484-E29F-4BF3-977D-E02E86D138A4.jpeg
EA771630-6537-4FCB-B76A-19A4B770B8CF.jpeg
2C0C054C-E855-4057-AD00-09F3A69E26B0.jpeg

i believe in 24 hours you should go in and inspect the unit and take photos and videos of everything and submit that, test the water pressure, shower, all electrical outlets , i have done this before

That kitchen island isn’t looking very much like it’s worth $4000 like they said it would.

I’m over analyzing these photos. I should sleep...

CF85E350-0989-42EF-871E-7ABA5432F79E.jpeg
FE578885-FC4E-4455-98AD-8DBCA6C28771.jpeg
63D78018-4F7E-43DD-B953-564948A96BFE.png

1. can you please email jnguyen@onni.com and ask her about this? please also email the pdi co-ordinator do you have this email?

2. i think they forget to install the counter seems so rushed, i hope they fix this, i would walk over to construction and ask the guys working there status update or trade people

That kitchen island isn’t looking very much like it’s worth $4000 like they said it would.

I’m over analyzing these photos. I should sleep...

View attachment 286723View attachment 286724View attachment 286725

Your PDI certainly looks much more robust than mine. They only listed four things on mine, all quite minor, with nothing in the kitchen.... So either my unit is almost perfect or they really did the bare minimum... I'm a bit worried now.

Different crews work on different units. We barely had any deficiencies in our unit but friends of ours had major ones. So you never know.

Hey all! Just joining this thread.
  • We are on the 5th floor podium; keys on Dec 17
  • I booked a time slot to pick up my keys on Dec 17 with the concierge
  • I booked an elevator for Dec 18 about a week ago
  • ONNI also helped us with getting Hydro set up
  • There is a Rogers deal for $99 -- see attached
  • We received our PDI a couple weeks ago; minor things for us too (biggest thing was some issues with the flooring in the bathroom; scuffs and tiles needing replacing)
  • I agree -- that island is definitely not worth $4k, but we were warned by our sales rep that the one in the showroom was not going to be the one in the suite (I think she actually said, "It won't blow you away") so my expectations were pretty low.

Attachments

• Onni Group $99 Ignite Certificate (1) (1).pdf
    934.9 KB · Views: 293
I’m starting to have buyers remorse here.

@elisebreannan on your Tarion Certificate of completion form, it would state your final purchase price, is it just the cost of your unit, not including parking and locker and hst?

Could you add your attachment. It didn’t go thru. $99 is too much for me. I only pay $50 just for bell internet though.

Back