Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 1.59.34 PM.png
I’m starting to have buyers remorse here.

@elisebreannan on your Tarion Certificate of completion form, it would state your final purchase price, is it just the cost of your unit, not including parking and locker and hst?

Could you add your attachment. It didn’t go thru. $99 is too much for me. I only pay $50 just for bell internet though.

Will check out the Tarion Certificate and circle back!

Does anyone with the Lux package know if the bathroom countertop is supposed to match the backsplash? Mine are different.

Also, hearing that the island will look different than the one in the showroom is nerve wracking.. Can anyone share a picture of the island?
2751AAF8-4DFA-4AF0-B632-51D16FA9F294.jpeg

That kitchen island isn’t looking very much like it’s worth $4000 like they said it would.

I’m over analyzing these photos. I should sleep...

View attachment 286723

If I assume 22 SF of quartz (5'w x 2'd x 3'h) + 2 x 9" wall cabinets back-to-back = $1,400 retail, plus it's much cheaper at bulk discount price to developers.

Your island looks bigger than mine. I’ll just have to wait to find out what the setup is like.

Reason why I asked about the purchase price on your Tarion form is because it would say how the purchase price is excluding the HST. I can bet that on your agreement it says HST is included.

FD8E9244-13D7-442D-BA98-47FF1E296937.jpeg

Your island looks bigger than mine. I’ll just have to wait to find out what the setup is like.

Reason why I asked about the purchase price on your Tarion form is because it would say how the purchase price is excluding the HST. I can bet that on your agreement it says HST is included.

View attachment 287008
You’re right, it does. Our original agreement is inclusive.

We are meeting with our lawyer on Wednesday so we’ll ask.

Has anyone been told they cannot sell their unit through an assignment sale?

Onni has told me they will not allow assignment sales within 60 days of occupancy or after occupancy. But the contract says they will allow assignment until title closing date. It seems like they just don't want to do the extra paperwork alongside occupancy.

Also, does anyone know how to get in contact with someone with decision making authority at Onni. I think the person I talked to was a sales agent.

Oh and my occupancy is Jan 14th, 6 floor.

Has anyone been told they cannot sell their unit through an assignment sale?

Onni has told me they will not allow assignment sales within 60 days of occupancy or after occupancy. But the contract says they will allow assignment until title closing date. It seems like they just don't want to do the extra paperwork alongside occupancy.

Also, does anyone know how to get in contact with someone with decision making authority at Onni. I think the person I talked to was a sales agent.

Oh and my occupancy is Jan 14th, 6 floor.

Mine states that I am not allowed to advertise my unit anytime prior to the Title Transfer Date without the vendors written consent and that’s if they’ve reached 95% of the project revenue has been sold (which I believe has been satisfied). This line alone would conform to what you are being told and them practicing their right in accordance to the agreement. What will be your saving grace is the subjective view of what is deemed unreasonable. That’s where your lawyer may be able to support you.

@stevenp may have gotten his assignment much earlier in the year when it wasn’t so busy and vendor was able to give consent at the time.

I did notice that there hasn’t been any listing posted on MLS in the last month. So you may not be the only one with this problem. I used to check it frequently to see market value of my unit.
2E74C410-C2ED-44F2-96BD-847DE9025868.jpeg

1. Are you looking to assign your unit which is why you are asking?

2. Correct, not allowed to post on MLS. I have seen Assignment being posted before.

3. This is my 2nd assignment I am doing and my last. The concern I have is with the tax part, HST (25-30K) pay upfront, then claim later; make sure your realtor tell you. I also submit my own form to claim back, not paying lawyer $500 to process this for me way too much and it is very easy to do. My assignment I did back in June.

Mine states that I am not allowed to advertise my unit anytime prior to the Title Transfer Date without the vendors written consent and that’s if they’ve reached 95% of the project revenue has been sold (which I believe has been satisfied). This line alone would conform to what you are being told and them practicing their right in accordance to the agreement. What will be your saving grace is the subjective view of what is deemed unreasonable. That’s where your lawyer may be able to support you.

@stevenp may have gotten his assignment much earlier in the year when it wasn’t so busy and vendor was able to give consent at the time.

I did notice that there hasn’t been any listing posted on MLS in the last month. So you may not be the only one with this problem. I used to check it frequently to see market value of my unit.
View attachment 287179
So who ever wants to rent out their unit during the occupancy period, they'll need to get written consent from the vendor? Is anyone else planning to or have contacted the vendor to get their consent to lease their unit out during occupancy?

View attachment 287179
Thanks for writing in. My agreement says the same thing. No assignments 60 days prior to occupancy might be reasonable (though it should be in the contract). But they don't allow assignments after occupancy either which doesn't seem reasonable. Most builders do allow it after occupancy.

1. Are you looking to assign your unit which is why you are asking?

2. Correct, not allowed to post on MLS. I have seen Assignment being posted before.

3. This is my 2nd assignment I am doing and my last. The concern I have is with the tax part, HST (25-30K) pay upfront, then claim later; make sure your realtor tell you. I also submit my own form to claim back, not paying lawyer $500 to process this for me way too much and it is very easy to do. My assignment I did back in June.
Ya, trying to assign my condo to someone else. I inherited the condo and don't want to go through closing. Spoke to Andrew Joblin at Onni and he is telling me they are no longer allowing assignments.

Does anyone know if there is any indication from the builder how long the occupancy period will be? How long will it take from occupancy close to final closing?

Back