Fortune at Fort York (Onni) - Real Estate -

I'm on level 5 (unit number 6XX), but I havent received any new info yet.

Edit: I received the notice of the new date as well. Dec 16.

Last edited:
I’m on 5. Hoping I don’t have to pay occupancy fee for too long.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Occupancy fees are actually slightly less than mortgage+maintenance+taxes you'll be paying after the closing. Onni is also pretty quick with closing, you will most likely close within 6 months of occupancy.

Hi everyone, I received an email last night that due to COVID, PDI's would now be carried out by a Professional PDI Consultant. Has anyone had any experience with this? I've read horror stories of these consultants not doing a great job and many items getting missed, only for owners to jump through hoops to get it fixed. Was also hoping to take this time to take some measurements but I guess that won't happen...

I never heard about that before this is a first for me! This really sucks!

I an on level 6th (7th floor), top floor of podium level and have not gotten and occupancy letter or anything yet ...has anyone else have?

Hi everyone, I received an email last night that due to COVID, PDI's would now be carried out by a Professional PDI Consultant. Has anyone had any experience with this? I've read horror stories of these consultants not doing a great job and many items getting missed, only for owners to jump through hoops to get it fixed. Was also hoping to take this time to take some measurements but I guess that won't happen...
I got the same email.
It does state that they give us 24hr window to submit any claims upon taking possession.
Did any of you have measurements in your floor plans?
One thing I don’t like is that they don’t add supporting brackets beneath the kitchen sink. Most times it’s just construction glue which would eventually fail at some point.
I would even ask if they can do a sound test by having someone go to the other unit and create some noise to see if there are any penetrations that allows sound to travel through that haven’t been sealed. Would they allow this?
What are some things would you guys be inspecting for?

Inspect for upgrades. We had paid for backsplash but it wasn’t installed. Check that all electrical outlet’s and switches work. Check for window condensation. Check for scratches and cracks on flooring, walls and ceiling. You can find PDI lists with a quick Google search.

I would like to arrange a Zoom Meeting where we can possibly all join a conference call to discuss and share would Sat Nov 21 or 28 work at around 3 pm?

Inspect for upgrades. We had paid for backsplash but it wasn’t installed. Check that all electrical outlet’s and switches work. Check for window condensation. Check for scratches and cracks on flooring, walls and ceiling. You can find PDI lists with a quick Google search.
Thanks for this - that is really helpful!

I had something I need to follow up with the Builder so I asked about ETA.
They are still waiting on construction to provide firm updates and for at least my floor (8), they said the letter would be mailed out within 2-3 weeks.

If anyone is looking for measurements, that can be done when you are able to do your physical inspection (which is part of the PDI).

If anyone is looking for measurements, that can be done when you are able to do your physical inspection (which is part of the PDI).

Maybe things will change but it appears that for us who received our form occupancy date, we received an email that the PDI will be done by a rep and we will not be able to be a part of it.

Does anyone know how long it roughly takes to finish interior for each floor, on average? I passed by the site today and it looks like they still have a lot to do to finish the whole building.

Back