News   Aug 15, 2024
 425     0 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 625     1 
News   Aug 15, 2024
 738     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

Maybe the ultimate metaphor for the state of the US will be if he goes from the first Presidential debate to death from the virus within the space of a week--and all through a blithe long-term covering-up disregard for his own health, never mind that of others. (Like, given all that we now know, it shouldn't take this *little* time for someone in a high position like Trump who claims to be supposedly hale and hardy to be laid low like that--and of course, there'll be those who'll claim a secret Navalny-like poisoning)

And another one... Christie was helping Trump with the debate the other night.

Apparently the medical presser just now blew a hole in the found out on Thursday claim:

"This morning, the president is doing very well," Conley told reporters, saying the president was "just 72 hours into the diagnosis now," and the first week of the illness is the most critical. This would have put the president's diagnosis on Wednesday, hours before he appeared at an in-person fundraiser in Bedminster, New Jersey.

News of him catching COVID was made public on Friday near midnight.

AoD

Last edited:
Nobody should be letting their guard down. 94% of people in Trump's age group recover. He could be back campaigning in a week or two.

Also can't be sure the Biden wasn't infected. He was only 10-12 ft from Trump. And we don't know if they interacted backstage.

Nobody should be letting their guard down. 94% of people in Trump's age group recover. He could be back campaigning in a week or two.

Also can't be sure the Biden wasn't infected. He was only 10-12 ft from Trump. And we don't know if they interacted backstage.

Biden has tested negative so far, but he isn't out of risk yet.

AoD

You know..................I'm not a fan of how this is being reported.

The baited breath coverage is just irksome.

Even The Atlantic.........wrote this today: The geopolitical order hangs in the balance, waiting for incremental updates on Trump’s pulmonary function.

Really?

That's a bit much.

It's nothing new. The same thing happened when Reagan was shot and Frank Reynolds wanted to kill someone for it.

If Trump actually said what was reported, I tend to think he was being a drama queen rather than that he was that ill. I don't want him to die, but I do hope he gets a greater appreciation for what people are dealing with (although I doubt it), and I'm ok with him getting a good scare. He and his cronies have been completely irresponsible and have put others' health at risk. And if he is quite ill, hey, "it is what it is".

If Trump actually said what was reported, I tend to think he was being a drama queen rather than that he was that ill. I don't want him to die, but I do hope he gets a greater appreciation for what people are dealing with (although I doubt it), and I'm ok with him getting a good scare. He and his cronies have been completely irresponsible and have put others' health at risk. And if he is quite ill, hey, "it is what it is".

Not even it is what is; it’s cause, meet effect.

AoD

It is also irresponsible to disrupt the Executive, one of the three arms of the US system of governance. Some of the other people now isolating are Executive staffers, along with whatever political staffers. If the 'rose garden event' and other recent gatherings spreads the infection to others in the senior judiciary and legislative bodies, this could have broader implications.

Maybe the ultimate metaphor for the state of the US will be if he goes from the first Presidential debate to death from the virus within the space of a week--and all through a blithe long-term covering-up disregard for his own health, never mind that of others. (Like, given all that we now know, it shouldn't take this *little* time for someone in a high position like Trump who claims to be supposedly hale and hardy to be laid low like that--and of course, there'll be those who'll claim a secret Navalny-like poisoning)
We don't want that. I would argue that Pence would beat Biden. All the former Trump voters, would rise up for a new candidate.

Likely, Donald Trump will be successfully treated for COVID-19.

Not like his paternal grandfather. From link.

In 1918, Friedrich Trump was a successful, 49-year-old businessman, husband and father of three living in Queens, according to Gwenda Blair in her 2001 book “The Trumps: Three Generations That Built an Empire.” One day in May, he came home from a stroll feeling sick. He died almost immediately.

He was a victim of the first wave of the Spanish flu pandemic. A second, deadlier wave hit in the fall. All told, the pandemic killed at least 50 million people worldwide and 675,000 in the United States, according to the CDC.

Back