News   Jul 16, 2024
 436     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 549     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Ford Wants NFL Team For Toronto

And the rumours continue..

NFL: How Long Before Jaguars, Chargers, Bills, Lions, Bucs Relocate?

Top Choices for Relocation to Toronto

1) Buffalo - The Bills are similar to the Jaguars. They occupy less than prime real estate in one of the larger states. Unlike the Jags though, the Bills have a storied history in the NFL. They went to 4 straight Super Bowls, the comeback over the Oilers, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Scott Norwood..d’oh! But, even with the history lesson, the story of Buffalo football in the 2000′s is rather boring. Ralph Wilson doesn’t want the team moved out of Buffalo but he’s 92 and the team will have to do what’s best for them. The writing is already on the wall with the team beginning to play more and more games further up north. It also hurts Buffalo fans that the NFL commissioner wants to grow the team outside the states. Toronto Bills? Ugh.

2) Detroit – This may be a surprise to many, but it’s not a secret that Detroit has been affected severely by the downturn of the economy. It would be a punch in the stomach for a city that has been suffering so much, that finally has this Lions team headed in the right direction, to move just as they got competitive. This is a business though, and if it’s found to be extremely more profitable to move to Canada, then it wouldn’t be ridiculous to think that an owner do what’s in his best interest. As far as Toronto is concerned, Detroit is a lot closer to being a serious competitor than Buffalo. It’ll be easy to get the fans of Canada to latch on to a fierce leader like Matt Stafford, a premier receiver in Calvin Johnson, and one of the games most ferrous defensive lines in Kyle Vanden Bosch, Ndamukong Suh, and Nick Fairley. Toronto Lions?

More rumours on other cities....http://www.opposingviews.com/i/nfl-how-long-before-jaguars-chargers-bills-lions-bucs-relocate

I don't want the Bills. The Jaguars would be nice.

Remember AM. Suburban Stadium.

Useless article

The writer barely makes a business case why these teams might move (ownership, stadiums, ticket sales, sponsorship, etc.), and wastes most of the article evaluating current rosters -- as if that would really be a major factor why a team would move.

But nothing beats his take on Jacksonville:
The drafting of Blaine Gabbert as the future quarterback of this franchise has sealed the last nail in the coffin.
So just because he doesn't like this QB, it mean the Jags are definitely finished in Jacksonville? Seriously???

And a quick search on the net reveals that the writer ("Jayson Braddock is an NFL Scout") was an NFL scout only in his dreams.

The writer barely makes a business case why these teams might move (ownership, stadiums, ticket sales, sponsorship, etc.), and wastes most of the article evaluating current rosters -- as if that would really be a major factor why a team would move.

But nothing beats his take on Jacksonville:
So just because he doesn't like this QB, it mean the Jags are definitely finished in Jacksonville? Seriously???

And a quick search on the net reveals that the writer ("Jayson Braddock is an NFL Scout") was an NFL scout only in his dreams.

Obviously you would , because you know him personally.

Give me a break. And stop spread negativity in this thread, post somewhere else if you do not like the content, no one is forcing you to post here. Stop being immature and accept that people have different views. Its an opinion piece, nothing more.

Obviously you would , because you know him personally.

Give me a break. And stop spread negativity in this thread, post somewhere else if you do not like the content, no one is forcing you to post here. Stop being immature and accept that people have different views. Its an opinion piece, nothing more.
Blah, blah, blah.

As long as I follow forum rules, I'll "spread" whatever the hell I want wherever I please (and the same applies to you). If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to read my posts or respond to them. If you really want to censor me on the forum, then ask to be a mod. Otherwise, grow up.

Blah, blah, blah.

As long as I follow forum rules, I'll "spread" whatever the hell I want wherever I please (and the same applies to you). If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to read my posts or respond to them. If you really want to censor me on the forum, then ask to be a mod. Otherwise, grow up.

I don't care anymore.

Everyone: Interesting topic concerning Toronto possibly trying to attract an NFL team to Toronto...

I wonder where it would leave the CFL Argonauts and which team might entertain a move to Toronto...Does the Toronto Jaguars sound good?

I hope that if a new stadium is built taxpayers are not left holding the bag...I feel that if a stadium is constructed creative financing should apply...my favorites being a special lottery to construct and finance Maryland's two NFL stadiums for the Ravens and Redskins along with "sin taxes" on alcohol and cigarettes...which was also done for Cleveland's stadiums in the 90s...

I am against using taxpayer funds to build stadiums for private profit...but if they can be funded and paid for in another manner why not?

I also feel that 2011 has the potential of being a big embarassment to the NFL with the Lockout and we know if the sides do not agree on their differences the 2011 NFL Football season could be perhaps in jeopardy...

What would Mayor Rob Ford think about this then? I feel that he will think twice...it would be bad enough to perhaps lose the CFL Argonauts...

Thoughts froom LI MIKE

Last edited:
I swear some of you think this is a rather new idea.

How is Ford's desire for a team any different than Godfrey's and what indication do we have that Ford has any greater ability to bring a team to Toronto than Godfrey had?

They don't understand the reality of the situation (Doug Ford's belief that Jacksonville only has 20,000 people show up for games is around 43,000 short of reality) nor does he understand the economics of the NFL. No one in the NFL cares about market size, and in their view, they already have the Canadian market, so why would they add a team that has no impact on the league's bottom line?

A few weeks ago Bruce Arthur basically tore their plans to shreds on TSN radio. It was a thing of beauty.

I swear some of you think this is a rather new idea.

How is Ford's desire for a team any different than Godfrey's and what indication do we have that Ford has any greater ability to bring a team to Toronto than Godfrey had?

They don't understand the reality of the situation (Doug Ford's belief that Jacksonville only has 20,000 people show up for games is around 43,000 short of reality) nor does he understand the economics of the NFL. No one in the NFL cares about market size, and in their view, they already have the Canadian market, so why would they add a team that has no impact on the league's bottom line?

A few weeks ago Bruce Arthur basically tore their plans to shreds on TSN radio. It was a thing of beauty.

Doug was wrong but Jville has had problems in the past. And I disagree that they don't care about market size. More like their (now dead and expired) CBA allowed them not to. I know Dallas does, and if the player get their way Market Size will become one of the biggest factors again.

Bringing the NFL to Toronto would sign the death notice for the CFL. Another Canadian institution that will disappear at the hands of American and foreign investment and takeover. Stephen Harper would be very happy because it falls right in with his agenda to Americanize Canada. Same reason why we don't need another NHL team. And these teams aren't established here for the citizens. It's for the tourists otherwise they'd locate them so they're accessible to everybody.

Bringing the NFL to Toronto would sign the death notice for the CFL.
Does it have to be? Each regularseason is only about 4-months long, with a 2-month overlap. You could just advance the CFL season to play a couple of months earlier, and you wouldn't need to overlap, except for CFL play-offs.

Might be a better deal for CFL not playing in some of their locations in November ...

Back