News   Jul 16, 2024
 325     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 500     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 621     2 

Ford Wants NFL Team For Toronto

Oh please. How is that any different from the thousands of people who drive to bars, clubs or a friend's party? This nanny state nonsense over liquor is easily the worst thing about living in Toronto. Every Canadian province that I've been to and every US state - including Utah - has a more laissez-faire attitude to booze than we do.

It's the liberal way. Regulate, regulate, regulate. They have to control every aspect of people's lives. They have the audacity to think that they know what is best for the general public and people are sick and tired of being told what they can and can't do, which is why someone like Rob Ford is so appealing to many. He's the antithesis of this controlled environment we live in.

I just think there is a big difference with tailgating in that it is an activity around drinking that, by definition, you have to drive your car too.

How's it any different than going to a bar? People for for the sole reason of getting drunk. You might as well close every bar in the city then.

How's it any different than going to a bar? People for for the sole reason of getting drunk. You might as well close every bar in the city then.

I didn't realize that the only way to get to a bar was driving! It is one way but it is not the only way. ;)

Tailgating, by necessity, combines motor vehicle and the alcoholic beverage......it crosses a line for me so would require special measures before I would support its introduction (recognizing I am only one person and carry only one vote so my opinion may not matter...just expressing it).

It's the liberal way. Regulate, regulate, regulate. They have to control every aspect of people's lives. They have the audacity to think that they know what is best for the general public and people are sick and tired of being told what they can and can't do, which is why someone like Rob Ford is so appealing to many. He's the antithesis of this controlled environment we live in.

Not that it matters....but I have never been confused as a Liberal!

I didn't realize that the only way to get to a bar was driving! It is one way but it is not the only way. ;)

Tailgating, by necessity, combines motor vehicle and the alcoholic beverage......it crosses a line for me so would require special measures before I would support its introduction (recognizing I am only one person and carry only one vote so my opinion may not matter...just expressing it).

Who said the only way to get to a tailgating party is by driving? That makes no sense. If people can get to bars by transit or a cab, tailgaters can do the same.

Who said the only way to get to a tailgating party is by driving? That makes no sense. If people can get to bars by transit or a cab, tailgaters can do the same.

Maybe we are operating with different definitions of tailgating? The twice that I have been to tailgating in the States were people driving to big parking lots in cars/trucks/RVs.......opening their trunks and/or tailgates....pulling out coolers and hibachis/bbqs/grills.....cooking/eating food and drinking beer/other beverages and socializing.

Both times we had a designated non-drinking driver.

Is there another type of tailgating?

You made the claim, so YOU have to prove it! That's the way it works.

Please tell me how the Saints almost came to Toronto in 1994. This I gotta hear.

That hasn't happened. In 1995, another group, that included Godfrey, made an attempt to purchase the New Orleans Saints. That didn't happen.

I posted the article just above. I am not posting it again and if you can't see it too bad. Now why do you prove your claim AND STOP HIDING.

I disagree. I've tailgated for Argos games in Toronto, and in Hamilton.

Sure, there is a few who cross the line and drink excessively, but that's the same with bars. Tailgating (at least the ones I've been too) is more of a pre-game social event. You connect with friends you may only see 9 - 12 times a year. Cook some burgers or food, (or in sometimes, a whole pig) and relax. In Hamilton they usually hold raffles and 50/50 for CFL fans fight cancer.

And whos to say the driver drinks also? (same as bars again) I usually have 2 before the game and stop. 4 hours to get it out of my system and have a good drive home.

The latest string of condos and development has taken away from the Toronto spot now.

Well, if it makes you feel any better (recognizing that you've been banned now), I live on the edge of the Entertainment District, and allow me to assure you that people drinking and driving is pretty common around here.

I posted the article just above. I am not posting it again and if you can't see it too bad. Now why do you prove your claim AND STOP HIDING.
Which article?

Probably just a throwaway line anyway if there is such an article. Try asking anyone here who is a sports fan and was around in 94 whether or not there was the slightest buzz about the Saints moving here in '94. I contend there was none.

Which article?

Probably just a throwaway line anyway if there is such an article. Try asking anyone here who is a sports fan and was around in 94 whether or not there was the slightest buzz about the Saints moving here in '94. I contend there was none.

I'm not doing this anymore.

You win, take your crown.

And the rumours continue..

NFL: How Long Before Jaguars, Chargers, Bills, Lions, Bucs Relocate?

Top Choices for Relocation to Toronto

1) Buffalo - The Bills are similar to the Jaguars. They occupy less than prime real estate in one of the larger states. Unlike the Jags though, the Bills have a storied history in the NFL. They went to 4 straight Super Bowls, the comeback over the Oilers, Jim Kelly, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Scott Norwood..d’oh! But, even with the history lesson, the story of Buffalo football in the 2000′s is rather boring. Ralph Wilson doesn’t want the team moved out of Buffalo but he’s 92 and the team will have to do what’s best for them. The writing is already on the wall with the team beginning to play more and more games further up north. It also hurts Buffalo fans that the NFL commissioner wants to grow the team outside the states. Toronto Bills? Ugh.

2) Detroit – This may be a surprise to many, but it’s not a secret that Detroit has been affected severely by the downturn of the economy. It would be a punch in the stomach for a city that has been suffering so much, that finally has this Lions team headed in the right direction, to move just as they got competitive. This is a business though, and if it’s found to be extremely more profitable to move to Canada, then it wouldn’t be ridiculous to think that an owner do what’s in his best interest. As far as Toronto is concerned, Detroit is a lot closer to being a serious competitor than Buffalo. It’ll be easy to get the fans of Canada to latch on to a fierce leader like Matt Stafford, a premier receiver in Calvin Johnson, and one of the games most ferrous defensive lines in Kyle Vanden Bosch, Ndamukong Suh, and Nick Fairley. Toronto Lions?

More rumours on other cities....http://www.opposingviews.com/i/nfl-how-long-before-jaguars-chargers-bills-lions-bucs-relocate

Back