News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Fantasy Renderings

^Thanks. I've been rather busy lately and unable to find much time to finish that concept.:(

Today I turned my attention to building #17:
tqgv.png

Just an early look at the direction I'm headed, don't read too much into the colour/texture.

Anyone wanna guess the location of TV Condos?

Nice job! but I hope this lot never gets touched. Its a popular place for the concerts and awards shows and where cp24 shows many new products things going on, demonstrations, and again the bands play there. its a great place and the only place where these events make sense to be.

^Thx. Building #18 is on hold while I compete with Kirkor's "Live Work Play" concept coming to downtown Winnipeg. The challenge: NimbyTect gets the job done within a tight budget while continuing the hideous NimbyTect legacy of amateur hackytecture :)

A sneak peak at about 1% of the building:
m5xm.png

Last edited:
NimbyTect envisions breaking down the Smith and Garry podium facade into smaller 60' wide sections (just like the older building stock on Portage, Smith and the rest of downtown Winnipeg etc) while maintaining a common theme/material via the brick screen/glass facade. A combination of live/work/loft units would be behind this facade:
ipw8.png

Below is how the NimbyTect proposes to square off against a monolithic office block facing Graham:
tv7.png

Last edited:
Nimby the Poo

NimbyTect takes budgets seriously which is why the Smith Street podium facade of Winnipeg's future landmark "Nimby the Poo" went under the knife to arrive at
npxy.png

I fantasize about a silicone rubber or plastic material here--with potential interchangeability like you find on the Smart car :)
smp0.png

Can you spot the flying fortress?
pvzv.png

p21z.png

The podium is about done--although I have some ideas on how to further cut costs :)
iv0p.png

Still to come: the condo tower, street furniture and landscaping.

How many bears does it take to eat the icing off this cake?

Last edited:
Back to Winnipeg and Nimby the Poo -- tower facade proposal which may or may not make the final cut.

bp42.png

Winnipeg is a cold place in the winter--which is why I'm looking to Northern European countries, not 100% glazed towers like the Kirkor proposal--for inspiration. Think insulated prefab precast sandwich panels, not window wall.

Back