News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Fantasy Renderings

I've got a million ideas ... but only 30 minutes to play with sketchup today.:(

I am thinking about building #18 in the Queen and Spadina NimbyTect Neighbourhood 2030 Vision. I am also staring at that hot Bay and Bloor brut next door to aA's rendering for 80 Bloor Street West and several other brutalist buildings in Toronto I admire. What would you do?

Maybe turn
ld26.png

into
fxpy.png

into
?

Ok I gotta say I am in love with Nimby Clues ... so someday (yeah right :p) hope to do a more detailed sketch. One reason I keep it simple is time: 2 minutes to render vs 45 minutes. This way I get more time to fantasize and less time to swear at my PC. :D

3qfo.png

cld9.png

It makes me wonder: Would Peter Clewes be a nimby about Nimby Clues?

Wouldn't it be ironic if the biggest nimby was also the tallest proposed tower in this 'hood?
j2fx.png

5zul.png

Coming soon to the Mirvish & Gehry area of Toronto: Cougar Condos by NimbyTect.

Last edited:
UD, some of your concepts are actually very interesting/unique. I remember thinking your first designs were a joke; what an improvement! I'm not sure how feasible some of them would be to build, but they sure do look good.

This one reminds me of the "Telus Sky" proposal in Calgary:

^Thanks. I've really barely started my NimbyTect adventure--I've got even better stuff in my head but haven't had much time lately to get cracking on it.:( For example, I recently had a dream about a concept for the Honest Ed's/Mirvish Village site. This brief "paper model style" sketch isn't it:
p4gd.png

Nowhere House
The address: 302-308 Adelaide Street West, NE corner Widmer Street.
The nimby: The Bond Condos to the immediate east.
The NimbyTect Neighbourhood: Building #20
The proposed height: 50 storeys.
The concept: sophisticated curves meets warehouse/office podium:
is29.png

jgq7.png

ED<3TO
The address: 260 Adelaide Street West, Toronto.
The nimby: Toronto Fire Station #332 (NimbyTect won't miss you!)
The NimbyTect Neighbourhood: Building #21
The proposed height: 65 storeys
The concept: inspired by the Adelaide East & West beauties of the past, specifically the c.1900-1920s office buildings. Sexy curves go vertical. Entertainment District Love TORONTO
p1sb.png

xlrd.png

bfz3.png

uwpz.png

Do you?

Yes, Mr Clewes works in the building diagonally across from this proposal. Yes, the balconies are aA-ish. Yes, it's still 100% NimbyTect.
3u87.png

Yes, I, your humble NimbyTect, do hereby give Mr Clewes & co. permission to copy this design.
vc14.png

No grey spandrel please!

Last edited:
As I was taking photos of the Residences at the RCMI tower yesterday on University Av I glanced across the street and wondered "WTF is wrong with this picture?" Thus began a Vision which I've been thinking about for some time.

I propose an 80 storey office & residential tower go right here:
adrp.png

I haven't sorted out the aesthetics yet--just a placeholder.
n0wk.png

And then my Vision exploded...stay tuned.;)

Back