Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Just made the hike back up to my apartment. No signage on the elevators at P3, but they did leave the doors to P1-P4 propped open so you can access them via the external stairs (as opposed to walking down the car ramp).

Fourth floor is still very wet. The ceiling plaster in the main lobby is ruined.

Phase 1: One elevator is working. But it didn't stop at my floor. After several minutes wait, I took the stairs. Stair A is still wet at the lower floors.

Sounds like a lot of problems are occurring with phase 1... are anyone experiencing any issues similar to this in phase 3?

Phase 1: One elevator is working. But it didn't stop at my floor. After several minutes wait, I took the stairs. Stair A is still wet at the lower floors.

So did anyone ever figure out the cause of the flooding? I think the last time was because of burst pipes or something like that in the middle of a really bad winter ice storm. Did they figure out the reason for this time?

So did anyone ever figure out the cause of the flooding? I think the last time was because of burst pipes or something like that in the middle of a really bad winter ice storm. Did they figure out the reason for this time?

There was an informal meeting with a city councillor Shelley Carroll yesterday at 4 pm. She wants to bring Elad Canada the builder to the city hall tomorrow Monday to provide answers to all of these issues. She wants as many as residents to see her with the concerns. However, I was told that only a couple of people showed up yesterday. She is holding another meeting today Sunday at 4pm at 5 Herons Hill way just over the DVP bridge and one block south on Yorkland. I enocurage as many as people show up to see her to show the importance of these issues. I know there is no notices posted in the common area so people don't know. The board apparantly is not allowed to post anything up if there is no official meeting with the whole boards. Please spread the words up. Today at 4pm.

There was an informal meeting with a city councillor Shelley Carroll yesterday at 4 pm. She wants to bring Elad Canada the builder to the city hall tomorrow Monday to provide answers to all of these issues. She wants as many as residents to see her with the concerns. However, I was told that only a couple of people showed up yesterday. She is holding another meeting today Sunday at 4pm at 5 Herons Hill way just over the DVP bridge and one block south on Yorkland. I enocurage as many as people show up to see her to show the importance of these issues. I know there is no notices posted in the common area so people don't know. The board apparantly is not allowed to post anything up if there is no official meeting with the whole boards. Please spread the words up. Today at 4pm.
Thanks newbuyer. I will be there. When I arrived home Friday around 10pm, Shelley was here with us. She was still around when I decided to take the stairs at around 11pm.

Sounds like a lot of problems are occurring with phase 1... are anyone experiencing any issues similar to this in phase 3?

So far so good in phase 3... other than its pretty lonely in there. Not allot of people moved in yet. Seems like only a handful of people have moved in thus far.

Thanks newbuyer. I will be there. When I arrived home Friday around 10pm, Shelley was here with us. She was still around when I decided to take the stairs at around 11pm.

Of course she wants as many residents to see her... we are four weeks away from a municipal election. There are lots of new votes in the three new towers to be had. While ultimately ELAD is responsible for the contracts it awards, PCL is the construction company that builds them. Perhaps Ms. Carroll needs to invite PCL and the building inspectors who signed off on all of the work. The PCL name is involved in many of the new and existing condos that have gone up in this City. By the way, there was a flood in tower 2 as well just a couple of weeks ago.

I believe where we can make an impact, is by having existing residents show up at future public consultation meetings regarding the proposed changes Elad wants to make to existing zoning to permit an additional 600 units and voice our concerns on why they should or should not be granted an amendment.

Of course she wants as many residents to see her... we are four weeks away from a municipal election. There are lots of new votes in the three new towers to be had. While ultimately ELAD is responsible for the contracts it awards, PCL is the construction company that builds them. Perhaps Ms. Carroll needs to invite PCL and the building inspectors who signed off on all of the work. The PCL name is involved in many of the new and existing condos that have gone up in this City. By the way, there was a flood in tower 2 as well just a couple of weeks ago.

Do you know which floor flooded in tower 2?

I believe where we can make an impact, is by having existing residents show up at future public consultation meetings regarding the proposed changes Elad wants to make to existing zoning to permit an additional 600 units and voice our concerns on why they should or should not be granted an amendment.

Well, very likely, I was the only one shown up @ 4pm today.
I do agree that we can make an impact. Let's work together to make our homes better.

Well, very likely, I was the only one shown up @ 4pm today.
I do agree that we can make an impact. Let's work together to make our homes better.

Hi Grasshopper,

Sorry to hear you were the only one there. It was a last minute invite. Can you share with us anything important from that meeting? Seems like these issues should be shared with the media. I'm sure bad publicity will help speed up things around here...

I've been getting a great workout but I'm tired of going up and down the stairs!!!

Do you know which floor flooded in tower 2?

I am not sure where it originated, but it might have been pretty low because elevators were not affected. Damage Is noticable near the lobby and the hallway connecting tower 2 with tower 3.

Hi Grasshopper,

Seems like these issues should be shared with the media. I'm sure bad publicity will help speed up things around here...

Unfortunately, I believe that bad publicity will hurt current owners just as much as it will hurt the builder. Last thing I would want as an owner of tower 1 (which I am not ) who may some day want to sell, is for future buyers to avoid tower one because of all the negative publicity.

Back