Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

I understand that they only want residents to have access and even though it would be convenient for my aunt to have a spare key card we can get round that, if she parks in the visitor parking as you suggested. I guess we were just a bit annoyed at the inflexibility of the building management with our fobs. At the moment we have one garage fob and one key card. Ideally as we share the one car we would like two garage fobs and we were prepared to pay for the second fob and hand the key card back in exchange. The guy who did our PDI told us that spare fobs were about $100 each. So we were surprised when met with 'one parking space, one fob'.
Basically we just want the convenience of not having to check every time we leave home that the right person has the fob and the other has the key card. Maybe that's asking too much?!

Just called property management. The rule is only 1 garage fob per parking space. 1 access card per resident. Anyone without a fob will just have to contact security through the intercoms to get in.

We each have a fob for building doors plus we leave a garage door opener in the car

See that makes sense and is what I was expecting to receive when we picked up the keys. It must be different for different buildings though. We just have one garage fob and one key card so we don't have the option to leave the fob in the car. We'll get round it but it's a bit of a pain as I am quite forgetful!!

Just called property management. The rule is only 1 garage fob per parking space. 1 access card per resident. Anyone without a fob will just have to contact security through the intercoms to get in.

Ok thanks for confirming that. So I guess the prices for fobs and access cards mentioned earlier in this post are just the cost for replacing them if lost?

Ok thanks for confirming that. So I guess the prices for fobs and access cards mentioned earlier in this post are just the cost for replacing them if lost?

I think so. Property management explained to me that they'd only give out a new garage fob in the case that it was lost or destroyed. They would then deactivate the old fob. (They also said they're currently out-of-stock on fobs, so you'd still have to wait a bit if you wanted a replacement.) But they did say that you should get 1 access card per resident. So, if there are two people living in your suite, you should get two.

I think so. Property management explained to me that they'd only give out a new garage fob in the case that it was lost or destroyed. They would then deactivate the old fob. (They also said they're currently out-of-stock on fobs, so you'd still have to wait a bit if you wanted a replacement.) But they did say that you should get 1 access card per resident. So, if there are two people living in your suite, you should get two.

Oh right well that would make sense because then we could just leave our garage fob in the car. We obviously got the wrong person when we asked for an extra access card or I guess maybe she assumed that we already had 2 access cards not just the one. I shall try again later in the week. Thanks again for your help!

Yeah we could but once the building is finished and all the door locks are activated would we not need the fob to access the building once out of the car?

You could leave the FOB in the car and order an extra card and use that for access through the doors.

Is the Bell package for tv/internet/phone still available? I notice in the lobby that, only the brochure for Rogers deal is available. I was hoping to look at and compare the two.

Is the Bell package for tv/internet/phone still available? I notice in the lobby that, only the brochure for Rogers deal is available. I was hoping to look at and compare the two.

I noticed Bell pamphlet in the Building 3 property management office today

I just got my final closing date of Oct 30 for phase 2.

For anyone that already closed or closed before, what was required on that date and was there anything required after closing? I'm away for 4 weeks starting the week before and my current lawyer is also going to be away..

For anyone that already closed or closed before, what was required on that date and was there anything required after closing? I'm away for 4 weeks starting the week before and my current lawyer is also going to be away..

Which floor are you on?

When you say Final Closing, do you mean the day you take Occupancy or do mean the day that Tower 2 becomes regsitered and the unit becomes yours ?

Back