News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 838     0 

Eglinton-Crosstown Corridor Debate

What do you believe should be done on the Eglinton Corridor?

• Do Nothing

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Build the Eglinton Crosstown LRT as per Transit City

Votes: 140 36.9%
  • Revive the Eglinton Subway

Votes: 226 59.6%
  • Other (Explain in post)

Votes: 8 2.1%

• Total voters
Oh yawwwn. You don't do much reading outside of your narrrow sphere of SOS-related threads, now do you? No, you sure don't.

In fact, when you were intimately involved with him and SOS in developing fantasy routes and fantasy maps, did you think his posts were "presented well and interesting to read" when he was throwing tantrums, spewing conspiracy theories about the TTC and city bureaucrats, or when your pals kept on smearing Steve Munro? Did you take a principled stand and chide them for their lack of "value"?

Silence is consent, Rainforest. And boy did you consent.

So I'm not entirely surprised that you now claim to find his disingenuous attempts to torque thread discussions onto terms more conducive to his positions to be so enlightening.

As long as posts share your agenda, they're clearly music to your ears.

Your normal flow of BS. Obviously, that's all you are willing to contribute to this thread.

I never smeared Steve Munro, and those who do that are not my pals. I objected to that kind of attacks on a number of occassions, as well as to various Miller / Giambrone conspiracy theories. I'm not going to bother finding links, as you are not important enough to furnish you any proof.

Regarding the fantasy maps and routes - this is the purpose of the forum. If you don't like that, it is your problem not mine.

Your contribution to this forum is zero, just noise.

Play by the rules Magus, or go somewhere else. Start your own blog and argue with yourself (since nobody else will read it) all day long, that will keep you happy.

Oh yawwwwwwwwwwwwn.

Last edited:
I think people should stop commenting on people and rather on the content of their posts.

Magus cannot comment on the content. His views are as simplistic as Rob Ford's, he just happens to be ideologically charged in the opposite direction.

Magus can't analyse details. He just wants to rant and that's what he does.

Last edited:
Oh yawwwn. You don't do much reading outside of your narrrow sphere of SOS-related threads, now do you? No, you sure don't.

In fact, when you were intimately involved with him and SOS in developing fantasy routes and fantasy maps, did you think his posts were "presented well and interesting to read" when he was throwing tantrums, spewing conspiracy theories about the TTC and city bureaucrats, or when your pals kept on smearing Steve Munro? Did you take a principled stand and chide them for their lack of "value"?

Silence is consent, Rainforest. And boy did you consent.

So I'm not entirely surprised that you now claim to find his disingenuous attempts to torque thread discussions onto terms more conducive to his positions to be so enlightening.

As long as posts share your agenda, they're clearly music to your ears.

If you called what I did a "tantrum", what would you call what you just spewed??? Give me a break.

PS: There's a reason why this is a short reply. It's because you aren't worth my time replying to.

PPS: Thank you Rainforest and CC for the backup on this one.

Quoted for irony.

Well, normally I stick to the substance and not persons. For example, I always treat your posts with respect, even if disagreeing.

But with some people, that just does not work. They will keep attacking you for some bogus reasons, until you give them a symmetric response.

Your normal flow of BS. Obviously, that's all you are willing to contribute to this thread.

Then you clearly don't know the meaning of "bullshit", now do you? After all, you're the one who's actually defending the purveyor of specious arguments. How quaint.

I never smeared Steve Munro, and those who do that are not my pals. I objected to that kind of attacks on a number of occassions, as well as to various Miller / Giambrone conspiracy theories. I'm not going to bother finding links, as you are not important enough to furnish you any proof.

Awwww, not only do you begin by building a straw man, but you then make a clearly false statement, and refuse to substantiate your assertions. The rules of debate place upon you something called the burden of proof. Your refusal to substantiate your assertions means that your claim is therefore hollow: I sure don't see you objecting to the person that you're now so shrilly defending, or any of your other SOS pals.

Regarding the fantasy maps and routes - this is the purpose of the forum.

Um, no. The purpose of this discussion forum is transportation and infrastructure. Fantasy threads are somewhat different. But then attention to detail was never your thing, now was it?

Play by the rules Magus, or go somewhere else.

I don't take lessons in debate from losers who defend specious arguments by building straw men, balk at substantiating their claims, and cower from legitimate criticism. People who live in glass houses sure shouldn't throw stones.

So please, "Rainforest", reply to this by making yet another of the type of posts you claim to be railing against.

If you wanna dance, we'll dance.

Northern Magnus and Gweed have both been given a one-week ban to cool down. Things got far too personal and unconstructive in this thread.

And now back to your regularly scheduled discussion. (I hope)

Northern Magnus and Gweed have both been given a one-week ban to cool down. Things got far too personal and unconstructive in this thread.

And now back to your regularly scheduled discussion. (I hope)

Actually, Gweed never was too personal or unconstructive.

You can ban me instead : ) And I'll happily take a one-week vacation from the forum, if this is the price of keeping a certain participant from constantly hijacking the discussion with irrelevant and agressive remarks.

Back