News   Jun 27, 2024
 103     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 87     0 
News   Jun 27, 2024
 489     0 

Edge Lofts (625 Queen East, Streetcar, 6s, Quadrangle) COMPLETE

The rental sign suggests a restaurant (with a patio) - but where could a patio go?? :confused:

According to the final site plan documents filed with the City of Toronto, attached, the retail patio is to go on the west side of the building, next to the Don Roadway and DVP.

I guess the idea is that the new landscaping will provide something of a buffer from all the DVP traffic noise!

Attachments

• Edge Lofts Site Plan - Retail Patio.jpg
    Edge Lofts Site Plan - Retail Patio.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 437
I'll plant them for sure. Keep your eyes open on your southbound venture down the DVP in 150 years!

No pictures to share, but it looks like at least a few of the units are being occupied. Many suites appear to be nearly done, though the ground floor retail space is still unfinished.

Do we know what retail is going in & when? let me guess...RABBA, Dry Cleaner...

No pictures to share, but it looks like at least a few of the units are being occupied. Many suites appear to be nearly done, though the ground floor retail space is still unfinished.

Do we know what retail is going in & when? let me guess...RABBA, Dry Cleaner...

it looks as though a tenant has taken the ground floor. Still not sure what it will be though, but stacks of drywall are ready to go up. Previous Lease signage suggested zoning for a restaurant at the base, with patio.

I have a feeling that Streetcar wants to remain "cool" and "trendy" (ie PIN NIC below Riverside Lofts) so I'm still betting on a hip restaurant.

As for noise issues with the patio, I don't think the DVP is loud enough at that corner to affect the patio people. I think there may be a bigger issue with the patio people making too much noise for the Loft owners.

so I'm still betting on a hip restaurant.

This could be a great patio to go for drinks to watch the sun drop behind the skyline. I hope that's what ends up there.

In terms of scale, I really like this building. It creates a nice entrance for Queen East. It just needs something to complement it on the other side of the street.

I always feel like I'm home when I see Jillies.

Watched this thing being built since I live in Leslieville. Practically the whole building is made of drywall except the outer four walls. Really cheap construction. Hope the neighbours don't mind hearing each other stir sugar into their morning coffee.

I'm really hoping for something interesting, and possibly worth frequenting to take up that valley side patio. Even with the DVP, it'll be quite the nice urban view. It will be interesting to watch the Donlands development unfold over time as well, as it will overlook the entire area. It should be pretty unique, I don't think there are any restaurants or retail establishments that front the Don currently.

The racket outside this building is unbelievable when the streetcars hit the expansion joints of the bridge. And there are lots of streetcars. I was on the bridge for about 1/2 an hour and I think I counted 20 streetcars - and this is on a Sunday.

edgea.jpg

Back