News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

Edge Lofts (625 Queen East, Streetcar, 6s, Quadrangle) COMPLETE

Bathurst has a definite frontier vibe to it. In my mind, it's the strongest candidate for the downtown/westend "boundary" if we need to decide on one.

I went to the presale opening of this project 2 1/2 years ago and while the units were quite well laid out compared to others on the market, one step outside onto the street was enough to convince me not to buy. On a Sunday afternoon - the lightest traffic day of the week - it was loud, loud, loud...and not the kind of white noise loud you could get used to. While I like the building, I'm not sure anyone will get any pleasure or use out of their balconies. I really couldn't imagine enjoying that kind of cacaphony - and I've lived in downtown Manhattan!

As for a downtown boundary, I think it depends on whether you're talking business or in general. For business - I'd say Spadina to the west, and Jarvis to the east. In general, I'd say Parliament to the east and Bathurst to the west. It's not an even distance (the dvp is 2.2km from queen/bay and about 2.2km west gets you to about .5km west of Bathurst), but there aren't many long North/South streets between Bathurst and Dufferin, except Shaw and it seems like too small a street to count.

We're a different people, east of the Don. In evolutionary terms we're descended from the original inhabitants of Laurasia, whereas those living west of the valley are descended from the life forms of Gondwana - both of which drifted apart when the Pangaea supercontinent finally broke up in the early Cenozoic.

Dredging up those old Cenozoic wounds again US? I don't know if we Gondwanans are prepared to tolerate your Laurasian petulance much more! I say it's time we blew the bridges!

OH NO ... here we go again.

Time to board up the windows and hide your women and children ! ! !:eek:

Laurasia gave the world Michelangelo, Elvis, and Bjork.

And what has Gondwana ever given us in return?

Ravi Shankar, Idi Amin and Crocodile Dundee.

We're a different people, east of the Don. In evolutionary terms we're descended from the original inhabitants of Laurasia, whereas those living west of the valley are descended from the life forms of Gondwana - both of which drifted apart when the Pangaea supercontinent finally broke up in the early Cenozoic.

Dredging up those old Cenozoic wounds again US? I don't know if we Gondwanans are prepared to tolerate your Laurasian petulance much more! I say it's time we blew the bridges!

Laurasia gave the world Michelangelo, Elvis, and Bjork.

And what has Gondwana ever given us in return?

Ravi Shankar, Idi Amin and Crocodile Dundee.

Congrats on your editing skills, but let's add Hitler to Laurasia's contribution and Gandhi to Gondwana's, and call it a draw. The bridges to The Edge can stay!

2 November 2008 photo update

I really don't like the cladding they used here: looks cheapish in a CP kinda way. Some brick or even brighter colours would've made for a more cheerful gateway to the Eastside, imho.

DSC00065-2.jpg

DSC00064-3.jpg

It's kind of bland... but ok.

It's buildings like this that form the "backdrop" for other, more important, more beautiful buildings.

What kind of tenant will occupy the retail space?

Hasty Market? Medical offices?

Back