News   May 15, 2024
 87     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 2K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.5K     1 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

Reminds me of the Tricon marketing dept calling The Selby "Steps from Yorkville" in terms of sheer delusional nonsense. We really have passed the point where words mean anything in marketing.

No worse than calling Kingston Road and Main Street the "Upper Beaches".

Not downtown but London, Ontario is getting an Adonis. If they qualify for one, why doesn’t the central part of Toronto?!

Not downtown but London, Ontario is getting an Adonis. If they qualify for one, why doesn’t the central part of Toronto?!

There are more grocers coming to DT Toronto.

I can't speak to Adonis specifically, but to be sure, Metro is among those looking at more space.

One thing to look at is who is doing gangbusters business and where........that will give some indication of things.........

On that note..........Eataly at Manulife is doing gangbusters business, at 7pm on Saturday it was hopping. No wonder they're opening another one.

Danke! I thought that Lakeshore and Leslie might make a good location for them but I am increasingly thinking that this area may be in for a seismic change in the near future!

There are more grocers coming to DT Toronto.

I can't speak to Adonis specifically, but to be sure, Metro is among those looking at more space.

One thing to look at is who is doing gangbusters business and where........that will give some indication of things.........

On that note..........Eataly at Manulife is doing gangbusters business, at 7pm on Saturday it was hopping. No wonder they're opening another one.

For me personally Eataly has become my go-to spot before a movie at Cineplex Varsity. If I'm with a group it's ideal because there's variety and we can all get whatever we want to eat; no group bills to deal with. I'm sure other people are doing the same!

I'm desperate for an Adonis in the city. The one in eastern Mississauga is a smidge too far for regular visits by TTC and MiWay.

For me personally Eataly has become my go-to spot before a movie at Cineplex Varsity. If I'm with a group it's ideal because there's variety and we can all get whatever we want to eat; no group bills to deal with. I'm sure other people are doing the same!

I'm desperate for an Adonis in the city. The one in eastern Mississauga is a smidge too far for regular visits by TTC and MiWay.

Whenever the Crosstown opens it’ll be much easier to go to the Scarborough location, which includes the pita assembly line.

I'm desperate for a Starsky downtown (or on the fringes of it - Roncy??) because there are no supermarkets with a focus on central European goods that I can think of.

It's not downtown, but Summerhill market will be opening another location on Dundas near Scarlett, just a block to the east of the big Loblaws. Do they purposely seek out sites near railways? 😆

Walked by today and this looks close to being ready! There are shelves inside, exterior is painted and the signage is up. Can't wait to have one closer to me so I can blow my whole paycheque on fizzy drinks and prepared foods.

Summerhill Market @ 3609 Dundas Street W just west of Jane.

IMG_7977.jpeg

IMG_7979.jpeg

Given that the stores are franchised, I wonder what the Franchisees think of this.

Honestly, I expect this to drag on for awhile. Loblaws is in the business of blaming economic pressures for their high prices. I can see them claiming that pay raises are not in the cards due to "inflationary pressures".

The only difference between these stores and Metro is the franchising. I have no doubt if this drags on because of Loblaws crying poor the Franchisees will raise hell.

Locations affected:

View attachment 520619

Look at how low those wages are:

View attachment 520620

Employees there have every right to expect better, I wish them luck.

They don't have the same leverage as they did at Metro though, much smaller number of stores.

Reali's No Frills in Bradford (305 Barrie Street) and Tim & Sues No Frills (372 Pacific Avenue) will be impactful.

Reali's No Frills is the only thing in that local area serving Innisfil, Lefroy, Gilford, Cookstown, etc. If that closes, it will mean a drive to either Barrie or Newmarket for groceries.

Tim and Sue's No Frills is not as big of a hit BUT it is one of the larger No Frills in the area. The one at Runnymede and Bloor is absolutely tiny and most of the locals go here for the sheer size and availability. You may see some of the customers go to the 222 Landsdowne Ave store.

Phew - neither the Lansdowne or Dufferin Mall stores are affected!

Those aren't even close to where you live............and who in their right mind would bike home w/groceries at that distance........?

LOL

Last edited:

Back