News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 413     0 

Downtown Grocery Store List (current + proposed)

It's not downtown, but Summerhill market will be opening another location on Dundas near Scarlett, just a block to the east of the big Loblaws. Do they purposely seek out sites near railways? šŸ˜†

What site is it? The carwash? The old laundry place?

Interesting choice.

They tend to target the cheapest sites serving the most expensive SFH.

Bathurst is really to serve The Annex/Forest Hill.

The Rosedale store abuts the tracks, because that was the leftover and only mixed-use/non-yellowbelt space.

This looks positioned to grab Baby Point and some other posh stuff, but surrounded by the railway, and TCHC.

There's something about that that makes me feel oddly good........you don't imagine Whole Foods opening across from public housing towers in the U.S.

Though, as with the Loblaws, its not likely great for the existing, immediate locals.

What site is it? The carwash? The old laundry place?

Interesting choice.

They tend to target the cheapest sites serving the most expensive SFH.

Bathurst is really to serve The Annex/Forest Hill.

The Rosedale store abuts the tracks, because that was the leftover and only mixed-use/non-yellowbelt space.

This looks positioned to grab Baby Point and some other posh stuff, but surrounded by the railway, and TCHC.

There's something about that that makes me feel oddly good........you don't imagine Whole Foods opening across from public housing towers in the U.S.

Though, as with the Loblaws, its not likely great for the existing, immediate locals.
South-west corner of Dundas and Brookside:

Formerly a business called Dynamic Iron. You can see the Loblaws to the right of the linked streetview.

South-west corner of Dundas and Brookside:

Formerly a business called Dynamic Iron. You can see the Loblaws to the right of the linked streetview.

Oh....2 blocks further from Scarlett!, that's 400M from the intersection! Pffft; not a fair guessing game when you do that!

Its actually only 200M to Dundas/Jane!

If Summerhill Market opened in the dry cleaner, that car wash could make a very cool Geary-type location for some small food-oriented pop-up things.

I really don't think that Healthy Planet will do well in this location. I haven't been, but I'm picturing overpriced expensive products that most people can't afford right now.

I dunno, @gabe isn't that far away and he was dropping $400 at Metro each week before the spike in food inflation.

LOL

Opening day. Where else can you buy organic Polish granola for $25?! Taken 13 October.

IMG_4467.jpeg
IMG_4468.jpeg

Back