News   Sep 13, 2024
 2.8K     0 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 3K     4 
News   Sep 13, 2024
 760     0 

Downtown Baltimore video. T.O. needs something like this.

Re: Downtown Baltimore video. T.O. needs something like this

And so, this cornpone turns out to be too insipid to really "educate suburban residents". Y'know what comes next, don't you? Right. "Punish" the suburbs for being ungrateful, for "not knowing their place", etc.

Hey, if it works for couple relationships, it can work for urban boosterism. And if it doesn't...

The Toronto mascot wouldn't drive; it is very urban in that respect. The folks in the burbs wouldn't see it as such.

come on guys. lets be serius here

toronto cant just sit back and do nothing. if we do we will end up like detroit.

look at Baltimore. they know that a strong downtown is important and are advertsing it. im sure suburbs there know this too

here we let business flee to the suburbs. soon there will be nothing in toronto and people will be commuting from downtown to markham and mississauga

we cant let this happen. we need to put the suburbs in line so that they know there place. hazel needs to sit down and shut and support toronto.

if we dont Toronto will be just like detroit, which is a city that is doing something, unlike Toronto, which isnt

Springfield: City On the Grow. It's a proud day as Springfield is
declared one of America's four hundred fastest-growing cities.
And why not? Business is booming! Half the country wears Springfield
galoshes. And say hello to the state's first Aqua-Car factory. Keep
'em coming, boys!
The city's even in the celebrity business. Everyone knows Professor
Rubbermouth hails from Springfield.
Everybody's chipping in; even this fellow [a dog with pulling a wagon
with a sign, "I'll pull for Springfield"] has Springfield's can-do
spirit.
So watch out, Utica: Springfield is a City On the...Grow!

"I, like many it seems, hae learned to simply ignore these threads"

If by ignoring them you mean posting in them.

^ I tried, but like slowing for an accident or watching Jerry Springer or Cops, sometimes you just seem to get sucked in.

Glad you did stop and post. Two really good posts in a row no less. :rollin

There is nothing wrong with promoting the city any way we can.

I just got back from a week in NYC and you see it promoting itself everywhere. New Yorkers seem to exaggerate about everything. They are practically brainwashed to believe everything in NYC is the greatest the world has ever seen. I had lots of bland food that was recommended by New Yorkers, including a sausage that a woman told me, "was to die for". It was crappy compared with the street meat we get here. Yet, this New Yorker, thought this bland, tasteless sausage was worth dyeing for.

I think when you hear the same message, repeated over and over, people just don't question it. Toronto needs to promote its self as the world's newest great city and in time, people will get with the program. Even more than promote, we need to CELEBRATE this city and all the great things about it.

Please everyone: ensure that your spambot detectors are ON before getting pulled into a pointless discussion.

There is nothing wrong with promoting the city any way we can.

I just got back from a week in NYC and you see it promoting itself everywhere. New Yorkers seem to exaggerate about everything. They are practically brainwashed to believe everything in NYC is the greatest the world has ever seen. I had lots of bland food that was recommended by New Yorkers, including a sausage that a woman told me, "was to die for". It was crappy compared with the street meat we get here. Yet, this New Yorker, thought this bland, tasteless sausage was worth dyeing for.

I think when you hear the same message, repeated over and over, people just don't question it. Toronto needs to promote its self as the world's newest great city and in time, people will get with the program. Even more than promote, we need to CELEBRATE this city and all the great things about it.

I think it's funny how New Yorkers always say "only in New York" when they're talking about seeing something strange or unusual that I've seen in Toronto on multiple occasions.

Very nice of a spambot to choose this thread to bring back to life: it's a pretty funny read! Cheers Spambot!

I think it's funny how New Yorkers always say "only in New York" when they're talking about seeing something strange or unusual that I've seen in Toronto on multiple occasions.

I totally can relate to that, after just being in NYC. Everybody kept saying that about the most everyday things. (street break-dancers, a drunk guy begging for cash and even a street performer dressed in a superhero costume) I've seen all those things in Toronto many times, though I didn't mention it to people.

Last edited:
^That would be rude and un-Torontonian.

But seriously, if we're talking lunatics, the only other city that can outmatch us is Los Angeles.

I can't believe how normal everybody seems. Even in the East Village I didn't see a single freak. (no mohawks, no blue or pink hair and not a single drag queen in Greenwich Village) Sorry but NYC has become way too conformist and upscale for my liking. I wanna see some FREAKS! Toronto has way more non-conformists types.

I totally can relate to that, after just being in NYC. Everybody kept saying that about the most everyday things. (street break-dancers, a drunk guy begging for cash and even a street performer dressed in a superhero costume) I've seen all those things in Toronto many times, though I didn't mention it to people.

Ruining the world's economy for your own selfish short term gain? ONLY IN NEW YORK!

Back