News   Jul 16, 2024
 93     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 845     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 977     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

You think there'll be more progress on the wall, than Toronto subway expansion? Line 5 still remains under construction. And the provincial government recently approved the EA for the relief line. Have they even started an EA on the wall yet?

No, the completely the opposite.

If you think more progress will be on TTC subway than the wall, why are you asking Hopkins123 to hold their breath, when they said "hopefully we'll see more progress made on subway expansion" than the "wall"?

I am saying that if he thinks more progress will happen, that he should hold his breath. I don't think anything will get done on this, and possibly anything else not already started. Hence the joke of "Don't hold your breath."

I am saying that if he thinks more progress will happen, that he should hold his breath. I don't think anything will get done on this, and possibly anything else not already started. Hence the joke of "Don't hold your breath."
So not the opposite!

I doubt Ford will slow Line 5. And they've shown no sign of slowing the relief line (which was unlikely to start construction until after the next election anyways). I suppose they could slow the Line 2 extension if they keep their promise to build it as a 3 (or 4) station, instead of a 1 station extension. Though that would speed the stations other than the Scarborough Centre replacement.

If they slow the planned closure of most of the Line 3 stations, is there more progress or less? :)

How short some of our memories are. Line 2 expansion is already advancing at a steady pace. It's very plausible there'll be shovels in the ground by 2022. After all, it only took 4 years to get the Crosstown from planning in 2006 through funding to the commencement of construction in 2010. Where there's motivation, politicians will act.

But yeah, I'll go hold my breath for believing that the PCs will at least try to score some kind of infrastructure accomplishment buy the end of their first term as evidence to point to to base a re-election campaign on.

8 more posts until thread page 1000 and yet no progress made on this political hot potato.
FAIL on the politicians, city planners and lobbyists who just simply cant work/compromise together for the greater good of the city

8 more posts until thread page 1000 and yet no progress made on this political hot potato.
FAIL on the politicians, city planners and lobbyists who just simply cant work/compromise together for the greater good of the city

Come next election, it will still be an election issue.

Come next election, it will still be an election issue.

Disagree. The design is progressing at a normal pace which is unfortunately too long. It hasn't been much an election "issue" for almost a decade aside from the unanimous support that is re-iterated throughout Scarborough from all parties, levels, and their leaders. It was only an election issue in one ward this past campaign and the ward was nowhere close to Scarborough.

The question now is how Ford intends to reinstate the stops without heavily impacting progress.

Amen. The politicians and "planners" who dislike Ford the most, actually help him as optically he looks to be the only one that gives a crap.

Last edited:
I suppose they could slow the Line 2 extension if they keep their promise to build it as a 3 (or 4) station, instead of a 1 station extension. Though that would speed the stations other than the Scarborough Centre replacement.

How much of a delay would be caused by reinstating the Lawrence East station? 3 months, 6 months, a year?

Back