News   Jul 16, 2024
 64     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 823     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 957     1 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

Doug is under water. He needs to stop with the scandals and get moving or this will be 4 short years
http://dailyhive.com/toronto/doug-ford-disapproval-campaign-research-poll-2018

The poll makes sense as he's cancelling many Liberal promises recently which will likely end shortly. It emotional.

If he's is going to make a term of announcing cuts then hes toast. The report today likely spikes the base, and a few announcements over the coming year re-affirming campaign promises then hes pretty much back at square one ready to start campaigning again in years 3 and 4.

The Liberals still need to regroup to form a competent party and not sure they will even be in great shape for next election. If Ford does trip up the NDP may have a rare opportunity. As of now we don't have that smoking gun for that to be expected.

Last edited:
The Liberals still need to regroup to form a competent party and not sure they will even be in great shape for next election.
Trudeau was not able to form a competent party - but that didn't stop him from getting elected. One would think that Ford should easily win re-election in '22, but with the state of the media and electorate - I am not so certain.

The poll makes sense as he's cancelling many Liberal promises recently which will likely end shortly. It emotional.

If he's is going to make a term of announcing cuts then hes toast. The report today likely spikes the base, and a few announcements over the coming year re-affirming campaign promises then hes pretty much back at square one ready to start campaigning again in years 3 and 4.

The Liberals still need to regroup to form a competent party and not sure they will even be in great shape for next election. If Ford does trip up the NDP may have a rare opportunity. As of now we don't have that smoking gun for that to be expected.

Mike Harris was elected for 2 terms and all he did was cut, cut, cut.... and cancel....

So, we shouldn't underestimate the voting public. NDP or Liberals need to become more of what the province's voters want or we will be stuck with Doug for at least a second term.

Trudeau was not able to form a competent party - but that didn't stop him from getting elected. One would think that Ford should easily win re-election in '22, but with the state of the media and electorate - I am not so certain.

Everyone was tired of Harper. That is why he won. Sheer is too far left, and Singh is a virtual nobody. It looks like Trudeau will get a second term.

Mike Harris was elected for 2 terms and all he did was cut, cut, cut.... and cancel....

So, we shouldn't underestimate the voting public. NDP or Liberals need to become more of what the province's voters want or we will be stuck with Doug for at least a second term.

Everyone was tired of Harper. That is why he won. Sheer is too far left, and Singh is a virtual nobody. It looks like Trudeau will get a second term.

Agree.

If anything I don't think people give enough attention to how dysfunctional the Ontario PC's were this election and still won a majority. Will be tough to knock them off.

Media attacks only help Ford and the Provincial Liberals were obliterated last election. Will be tough to recover in one term

Last edited:

I think these are much different times (economically, politically). Mike Harris did abhorrent things, but I would never accuse him of being inept or tone depth (he did back down on the french hospital situation). Doug Ford is the definition of incompetence, and it's really a shame the social conservative base bit off their left hand because Patrick Browns platform was pragmatic.
My point is, Doug Ford seems to be intent to run his train wreck of a platform to ensure maximum destruction. He thinks it's the destruction of Liberal policies, might be his own future.

Great response. I agree mostly but people in this province only talk a good game about wanting good government.

The 905 and central ontario put Harris in, and then started complaining when he made his cuts. That's typical Ontario....cut everyone's else stuff, not mine.

^ The problem with Canadian conservatives is that they're too much into cutbacks and little else.
The problem with Canadian conservatives is that they're always trying to "find their identity" and are always trying to rebrand themselves every 5-10 years due to the aforementioned identity crisis.

However, the one thing they generally tend to agree on is cutting "government waste".

The problem with Canadian conservatives is that they're always trying to "find their identity" and are always trying to rebrand themselves every 5-10 years due to the aforementioned identity crisis.

However, the one thing they generally tend to agree on is cutting "government waste".
I like that people demand "change" and the complain about the "change". Maybe the voters need to take a look in the mirror as well.

Well, as far as right-wing populism goes, hopefully we'll see more progress made on subway expansion during Ford's first term than the quagmire that's proving to be Trump's wall.

Hold your breath for that, I dare you.
You think there'll be more progress on the wall, than Toronto subway expansion? Line 5 still remains under construction. And the provincial government recently approved the EA for the relief line. Have they even started an EA on the wall yet?

Back