FE85-3 SCARBOROUGH SUBWAY EXT - PROJECT MANAGMENT SERVICES
Proposal No. P11PZ14876

Date Posted:
Tuesday, October 28,2014

Proposal Close Date:
2:00 pm, Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Addenda Issued to Date:
Description of the Work:
Toronto City Council recently approved the underground extension of the Bloor-Danforth Subway from Kennedy Station to the Scarborough Centre and Sheppard Avenue. This subway extension will replace and improve the carrying capacity of the aging Scarborough Rapid Transit (SRT) line, eliminate the need for SRT customers to transfer to and from the subway at Kennedy Station, and provide a rapid transit connection to Sheppard Avenue.

The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) will manage the delivery of the project through its Engineering, Construction & Expansion (EC&E) Branch, and specifically, the Scarborough Subway Extension (SSE) Department, which is being organized for this purpose.

It is intended that the TTC’s SSE Department, headed by the Chief Project Manager – Scarborough Subway Extension (Chief Project Manager or CPM), will have an organizational structure comprised of TTC staff integrated with consultant staff from up to four consulting firms, or joint ventures

This Request for Proposal (RFP) outlines the roles and responsibilities of the Project Management Consultant.

The reality is none of these subways exist in a vaccum, and the proof is there. If this subway gets built, so will sheppard east. If we revert back to the SRT, the SELRT will stay. It's like dominos falling in place, if you think of an analogy. And the Liberals will not take a hit, this was not the primary issue now and won't be in 4 years.

The reality is none of these subways exist in a vaccum, and the proof is there. If this subway gets built, so will sheppard east. If we revert back to the SRT, the SELRT will stay. It's like dominos falling in place, if you think of an analogy. And the Liberals will not take a hit, this was not the primary issue now and won't be in 4 years.

Dude, you're obsessed with the Sheppard East subway ;)

Every topic leads back to it.

I'd take those ranch bungalows in Scarborough and knock 'em down for a subway trench. When we started building the subway in the 1950s, we didn't waste time and money on overdesigned and unaffordable solutions where cheap land was available. It freed up resources for further construction. More got done.

Yonge_subway_home_demolition.png

That would have been a bored tunnel under Yonge Street today. Is anyone complaining?

Attachments

• Yonge_subway_home_demolition.png
    Yonge_subway_home_demolition.png
    458 KB · Views: 389
Last edited:
I'd take those ranch bungalows in Scarborough and knock 'em down for a subway trench. When we started building the subway in the 1950s, we didn't waste time and money on overdesigned and unaffordable solutions where cheap land was available. It freed up resources for further construction. More got done.

That would have been a bored tunnel under Yonge Street today. Is anyone complaining?

I would also like to point out the mess that was downtown during the cut and cover construction. To those who still complain about the St Clair ROW, cry me a river. I doubt the businesses on Yonge were doing well during that time, but was it worth it? Hell yes. And because it was cut and cover, you don't have to walk down endless flights of stairs like at Don Mills. But today cut and cover will never happen again in this city, no matter how low the density is, how much more it costs, how much longer it takes to build, or how much bigger and deeper the stations need to be.

11356478245_1257e261cc_b.jpg

What? That makes no sense. We can barely justify one subway to Scarborough Centre. So if we build one (thus diminishing ridership on the second), we'll build two!?!

I can't see any basis for this assumption.
Maybe you stop chopping up other peoples posts before responding to them. This was never about just one subway, and you should know this. Your right we can't justify the Bloor Danforth extension. It's all about the domino effect. If you can take one why not take it all.

Dude, you're obsessed with the Sheppard East subway ;)

Every topic leads back to it.
Honestly, because I'm afraid the city council will go for the whole 9 yards. This subway opened up to that. I want the SRT back so SELRT will get built. I say it because it's true, despite what GenerationW and others will say man. The Bloor Danforth extension was a bad idea 2 years ago and its bad now. Same with sheppard east. Agreed?

Honestly, because I'm afraid the city council will go for the whole 9 yards. This subway opened up to that. I want the SRT back so SELRT will get built. I say it because it's true, despite what GenerationW and others will say man. The Bloor Danforth extension was a bad idea 2 years ago and its bad now. Same with sheppard east. Agreed?

No, I don't agree. You've said this many times before, that you equate the two subway lines to each other, and that because dominos knock each other over, one subway means building a subway everywhere else (according to you).

I've replied to this multiple times before as well. What's one more time?

I don't agree that they are the same. I'm much more supportive of the Scarborough subway than the Sheppard East subway, because of the ridership numbers are way better for the Scarborough subway and because of the need to replace the RT.

Looking forward to having this same conversation again in a few months :)

Maybe you stop chopping up other peoples posts before responding to them. This was never about just one subway, and you should know this. Your right we can't justify the Bloor Danforth extension. It's all about the domino effect. If you can take one why not take it all.
There was nothing in the rest of your post to explain why you think this "domino effect" exists. I've never heard or it, and don't think it exists.

Tell me, what was the domino effect of the 1990s decision to build the Sheppard East line to Don Mills? What was the domino effect of building the Spadina line to Vaughan? What was the domino effect of building the SRT to McCowan? What was the domino effect of putting in the in-fill station at North York Centre? What was the domino effect of widening the platforms at Bloor subway station? What was the domino effect of the second Union platform. I think that covers all the big TTC projects in each of the last 4 decades.

Last edited:
There was nothing in the rest of your post to explain why you think this "domino effect" exists. I've never heard or it, and don't think it exists.

Tell me, what was the domino effect of the 1990s decision to build the Sheppard East line to Don Mills? What was the domino effect of building the Spadina line to Vaughan? What was the domino effect of building the SRT to McCowan? What was the domino effect of putting in the in-fill station at North York Centre? What was the domino effect of widening the platforms at Bloor subway station? What was the domino effect of the second Union platform. I think that covers all the big TTC projects in each of the last 4 decades.

This domino effect theory from Den (from Oakville and/or Milton) is amazing. I hope some dominos hit the DRL, Yonge North extension. Can GO RER be coved by the domino effect too?

I'm just joking around Den ;)

No, I don't agree. You've said this many times before, that you equate the two subway lines to each other, and that because dominos knock each other over, one subway means building a subway everywhere else (according to you).

I've replied to this multiple times before as well. What's one more time?

I don't agree that they are the same. I'm much more supportive of the Scarborough subway than the Sheppard East subway, because of the ridership numbers are way better for the Scarborough subway and because of the need to replace the RT.

Looking forward to having this same conversation again in a few months :)
Me too. I'm not because the SRT is more cost effective.

We're talking about right now. Right now, Scarborough councilors got the SRT overturned, barely. Now they want to over turn the SELRT. What makes you think they would stop at the Bloor Danforth extension?

This domino effect theory from Den (from Oakville and/or Milton) is amazing. I hope some dominos hit the DRL, Yonge North extension. Can GO RER be coved by the domino effect too?

I'm just joking around Den ;)

haha :)

I don't follow your logic. If anything, the completion of the Line 2 extension makes the Line 4 extension less likely. Councillors would say we're already spending billions on subways to Scarborough and we're not going to spend any more on another underused line.

Back