News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 430     0 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

The SELRT is a colossal mistake. Move the funds to the BD extension (an extension worth funding given the ridership and will of the citizens of Scarborough) and run a BRT from Don Mills, linking with the new extension terminal out to the eastern reaches of Scarborough.

No need to fund an LRT in a corridor that does not have nearly the ridership to even warrant it. This is getting ridiculous. I don't understand the support for the SELRT. It's a mistake, a big one.

They're both dumb plans. But I would much rather have RT on both Sheppard and Scarborough then taking RT away from Sheppard for a Scarb subway that has little to no benefit over the current plan.

Definitive vote?!
I get it.
Good one!

Oh, my. That would be - lemme guess - a disaster.

I've never been one to endorse, you know, autocratic dictatorships, but Toronto City Council (2010-2014) is making me seriously reconsider. Just the absolute worst of democracy, day in day out.

Province can shut down city tomorrow. Wynne won't because....I don't know...

They're both dumb plans. But I would much rather have RT on both Sheppard and Scarborough then taking RT away from Sheppard for a Scarb subway that has little to no benefit over the current plan.

SELRT is a waste of money and resources! I don't know how many times it has been said that this corridor deserves nothing more than improved bus service.

Kill it with fire! This motion, if passed, might be the best thing out of council in a while. Scarborough subway extension and the death of the SELRT.

Province can shut down city tomorrow. Wynne won't because....I don't know...

With respect good people of Urban Toronto, perhaps this is a mayor that *you* don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.

He thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

That's what I'm understanding too.

I should watch more often. You can't pay for entertainment like this, haha

I truly thought the subway would pass but man oh man...Rob Ford might kill it himself... Matlow was very disrespectful but Rob Ford doesn't know anything about the SRT...

Let me get this straight... we're about to lose the SELRT and the Scarborough Subway. I give up... All of them are idiots.

With respect good people of Urban Toronto, perhaps this is a mayor that *you* don't fully understand, either. A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit. So, we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away.

He thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

*Stares pensively at a .gif of Ford falling over throwing a football*

Rob Ford has been the most effective pro-LRT activist out there today. No one has even come close.

P.S. what the hell was Stintz thinking supporting this subway? She has carried it along by herself and she will get no credit for it if it passes.

Let me get this straight... we're about to lose the SELRT and the Scarborough Subway. I give up... All of them are idiots.

No no,

City manager said before that if the subway deal doesn't work we revert back to the SRT replacement. All we're finding out today is if it's going to be subways or LRT

This is the absolute worst council discussion I've ever seen, since the last time they debated this exact project.

I understand the mayor doesn't like to read reports or understand numbers but surely someone on staff can read them to him? Like, at bedtime?

I hate being proved right:

Mihevc asks if Ford would support a motion indicating that subway funding cannot be taken from the Sheppard LRT project.

"I don't support LRTs," says Ford in response.

As I said, killing the SLRT is a feature, not a bug.

Back