News   Jul 12, 2024
 714     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 662     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 295     0 

Church-Wellesley Village

It's a great pity that the City did not repave Church or ay least fix the many utility cuts in the road and sidewalks before World Pride. I asked Kristin Wong Tam's office about it several months ago but no response.

It's a great pity that the City did not repave Church or ay least fix the many utility cuts in the road and sidewalks before World Pride. I asked Kristin Wong Tam's office about it several months ago but no response.

Her office doesn't respond to any inquiries, unless you are interested in putting up another condo. She doesn't care about any of the issues in her ward. Definitely not voting for her this year.

A lone caller/writer is always viewed as a whiner. It's better to be able to present oneself as representing a number of individuals. This tends to get more attention, whatever the issue may be.

A lone caller/writer is always viewed as a whiner. It's better to be able to present oneself as representing a number of individuals. This tends to get more attention, whatever the issue may be.
True but it takes very little effort to send a standard email response thanking the whiner for his/her comments. God knows, the MAYOR returns all HIS call personally :->

Her office doesn't respond to any inquiries, unless you are interested in putting up another condo. She doesn't care about any of the issues in her ward. Definitely not voting for her this year.

That's strange, I write her office a lot, depending on the issue either her staff or KWT replies. They've never not replied to me.

The new bar at Church & Dundonald is looking very interesting.

churchbarj4.jpg

Attachments

• churchbarj4.jpg
    churchbarj4.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 531

I've only had to call her once with an issue, and I had a callback within 30 mins and the issue was resolved within an hour. Don't know if I got lucky or you were unlucky, but she gets a pass from me on ward issues.

I've only had to call her once with an issue, and I had a callback within 30 mins and the issue was resolved within an hour. Don't know if I got lucky or you were unlucky, but she gets a pass from me on ward issues.

There was actually a group of people in our building emailing about an issue. Nobody got a reply. I'm not expecting a personal reply from her, but some sort of acknowledgement from her office staff would have been nice.

But wasn't it declared a heritage building and that is why they had to change the name to Victoria pub or something?

Not too sure about that! They could always move the house to the front of the street and build the condominium behind it, sort of like James Cooper Mansion.

The other rumor I heard is the owner has to operate both patios as "separate establishments" based on the fact the mansion is split into two liquor licenses. They're doing their best to make it look like one place, but it will technically be two establishments here.

Not too sure about that! They could always move the house to the front of the street and build the condominium behind it, sort of like James Cooper Mansion.

590 Church is Designated:

Address: 580 CHURCH ST

Ward: 27
List Date: Aug 18, 1976
Intention Date: Jul 12, 2011
By-Law: 1323-2011
Part IV Date: Dec 1, 2011
Building Type: Residential
Architect/Builder:
Construction Yr.:
Details: Semi-detached house; 1878 at Dundonald St. (NW) -adopted by City Council on Aug. 18, 1976. Council enacted Designating By-law 1323-2011 December 1, 2011.

Primary Address: 580 CHURCH ST

Details at: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/bylaws/2011/law1323.pdf

A few more....

Church & Alexander facing north, and south

Back