News   Jul 29, 2024
 1     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 74     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 467     0 

Church Street Bars/Clubs/Restos

I was told the same thing about The Cavaliers bar, downstairs from the Barn, during my callow youth in the early 1970's. Tipsy elderly queens gathered around the piano to sing show tunes all night long.

I should have heeded the warnings ...

Wasn't Sneakers a hustler bar? For young men and their generous older aquaintences? I always wanted to go for a little naughty fun, but I got too old...

True. Instead of things growing when a lie is told, lies will be told about how much things grow.

Also, wooden boy. Splinters. Ouch.

I was told the same thing about Sneakers, on Yonge Street (which I think is gone now).

I believe it's called "Pinnochio" now. A rather unfortunate name for an establishment of this nature, if you ask me.
AoD

It is indeed called Pinnochio now. simply Dan and I (on a whim) decided to have a quick drink there a few weeks back as we never had tried it in its Sneakers incarnation. The truth of the matter is that it's a pretty regular gay bar that skews slightly older. There were drag shows and the like, but it was all very normal. There wasn't much of a "hustling" presence that we could tell at least.

FYI...there's a "dark room" in Alibi now on the 2nd floor.

Darkstar:

re: Pinnochio

I think Sneakers got into trouble for supposed liquor violations.

FYI...there's a "dark room" in Alibi now on the 2nd floor.

Apparently the Eagle have one as well. I wonder if the resurgence have to do with the recent SCOC ruling.

AoD

Ah yes, I remember all of this now but I wasn't aware of the SCOC ruling. That explains a lot of things! Many thanks.

Back