10     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 284     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 503     0 

Chick-fil-A

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
I assume our local fellow Canadians realize by now with whom they signed up and shouldn't expect sympathy, and our tax base is better served by businesses that are actually local. But again, I wouldn't go there even if they were perfect corporate citizens due to their acute wheat infestation.
Not all fellow Canadians trying to earn for a living have the option to make moral choices.

Not all fellow Canadians trying to earn for a living have the option to make moral choices.

Nothing shows privilege more than saying, "you should not take that job you need because the company offends me".

People always have the choice to act properly. This is Canada, not a third-world war zone. And I'm glad to enjoy the "privilege" of being marked for death in dozens of countries for being who I am.

People always have the choice to act properly. This is Canada, not a third-world war zone. And I'm glad to enjoy the "privilege" of being marked for death in dozens of countries for being who I am.
So not true. Perhaps in your socio-economic class you can choose. Not everyone can be so judicious about where they shop or work.

By the way, atheists (a group to which I belong) are subject to punishment by death—by law on the books—in 13 countries on this planet. It's also tacit law or law-by-ignorance in others. Also as an atheist, I face a certain amount of discrimination all over the world, even in western countries. I couldn't be a scout leader in Canada. I couldn't teach in a public school in Ireland. I'd have to pay a fee to disavow membership in a church in Germany. I'd have a lower chance of winning child custody case in the U.S. or *legally* hold office in a half-dozen state governments.

Long after the last person who thinks it's acceptable to discriminate in any way against the LGBTQ+ commmunity goes away, we atheists will still be stigmatized. And if I were to "boycott" every single organization owned by a person who pays tithe to a religion that discriminates against *my* kind, I'd put myself in a massive hardship.

And for the record, I truly believe it's an amazing thing when companies come out of a discriminatory coma. Those that discriminate *should* be held accountable. But I don't personally care if the owner of a company hates me or my kind; just that they follow the laws that say I must be treated fairly. Otherwise, you're just thought-policing.

Long after the last person who thinks it's acceptable to discriminate in any way against the LGBTQ+ commmunity goes away, we atheists will still be stigmatized. And if I were to "boycott" every single organization owned by a person who pays tithe to a religion that discriminates against *my* kind, I'd put myself in a massive hardship.

I am also a vocal atheist, so I guess we have that in common!

Before you take out your pitchforks, remember that this establishment likely employs local fellow Canadians, and contributes to our tax base. Don't forget who you're hurting with your boycotts.
HELL NO!
I WILL NOT EAT HERE!
I say BOYCOTT these pricks!
Screw the tax base, Toronto should not support racists, homophobes, misogynists or any company that tries to bring that hateful BS here!
Send them packing just like we did with Target!

HELL NO!
I WILL NOT EAT HERE!
Screw the tax base, Toronto should not support racists, homophobes, misogynists or any company that tries to bring that hateful BS here!
Sorry Mr Boycott ...we didn't send Target packing...they tried the SAP route for Canada and it shut them down.

HELL NO!
I WILL NOT EAT HERE!
morals over welfare? really? ok buddy

Back