1.1K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 326     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Chick-fil-A

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
Boycott Chick Fil- A and all the restaurants close down, what's that going to accomplish? The A-hole founder will still be a billionaire and fund anti gay groups, while thousands of workers including those in the LGBT coummity and it's supporters are now out of jobs. is that what we really want?

I find boycotting any major business is just plain stupid. I eat at Papa John's Pizza. "People say i wouldn't support that right wing bigot" Yeah the founder/CEO is a bigot, but the guy that owns the Papa John's near me isn't. He's a hard working Pakistani immigrant putting in 14 hour work days to feed his family and pay his bills. I don't want to see him out of a job.

Boycott Chick Fil- A and all the restaurants close down, what's that going to accomplish? The A-hole founder will still be a billionaire and fund anti gay groups, while thousands of workers including those in the LGBT coummity and it's supporters are now out of jobs. is that what we really want?

I find boycotting any major business is just plain stupid. I eat at Papa John's Pizza. "People say i wouldn't support that right wing bigot" Yeah the founder/CEO is a bigot, but the guy that owns the Papa John's near me isn't. He's a hard working Pakistani immigrant putting in 14 hour work days to feed his family and pay his bills. I don't want to see him out of a job.

The job loss argument is a red herring - boycotting a company doesn't mean the money won't get spent elsewhere at other businesses and generate other jobs. It does however meant that the owner get less of cut than before. Let's face it - boycotts and bad press are feared precisely because they can work.

AoD

Last edited:

He should have picked a different business in which to buy in. This isn't difficult. If there's so many of you who want to support him then he can sell the franchise to someone else. If he doesn't sell it, he endorses the bigotry. If he can't sell it, well, that's the free market at work. He should have done his due diligence. That's what the "right wing billionaire" owner would literally tell him to his face. He would say it was his own fault he lost money by buying the franchise in the first place.

I guess i will be eating my Chick-fil-A alone, no vegan friendly options on the menu, (my boyfriend is a very strict vegan)

More business to add your boycott list. You better stop using Google and Amazon.

As gay people, respect begins with us. That other companies have questionable practices is no reason to ignore this one.

So why not boycott them all? Why pick and choose? when so many companies have bad values behind them, ( Marroitt.Sheraton, Hilton, Apple, Amazon, Nike , McDonald's, Domino's Pizza, RE/MAX Walmart, H&M...etc if i had to boycott every business with practices i disagreed with, i’d have nowhere to eat, no clothing to wear, no electronic devices and no hotels to stay in.

So why not boycott them all? Why pick and choose? when so many companies have bad values behind them, ( Marroitt.Sheraton, Hilton, Apple, Amazon, Nike , McDonald's, Domino's Pizza, RE/MAX Walmart, H&M...etc if i had to boycott every business with practices i disagreed with, i’d have nowhere to eat, no clothing to wear, no electronic devices and no hotels to stay in.
Are all of those actively financing groups or individuals specifically because they are anti-gay?

Are all of those actively financing groups or individuals specifically because they are anti-gay?

Some of them yes, while others just have bad values behind them like Apple, Nike, Amazon, H&M, who use child labor and treats their employees like slaves. ( We all disagree with their practices, yet we still uses their products) Marriott supported Proposition 8, ( Eliminates Right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry ) and was one the major donors) And the list goes on...

Chick-fil-A signage revealed, soon to open now.
B9AD2BC0-B6AB-4300-AFA7-9A387D061079.jpeg

Eat a chicken sandwich from which some proceeds will go towards oppressing LGBTQ people? Nope.

Eat a chicken sandwich from which some proceeds will go towards trying to reelect Trump? Nope.

I'm not a fool, so I'm not going through those doors.

+1
Monga fried chicken across the street is amazing! Support your local businesses! Boycott the bastards!

+1
Monga fried chicken across the street is amazing! Support your local businesses! Boycott the bastards!
I won't be boycotting.

Their chicken is amazing. Can't wait to eat there.

Now if only Shake Shack and In_n-out burger opens up here.

Before you take out your pitchforks, remember that this establishment likely employs local fellow Canadians, and contributes to our tax base. Don't forget who you're hurting with your boycotts.

Before you take out your pitchforks, remember that this establishment likely employs local fellow Canadians, and contributes to our tax base. Don't forget who you're hurting with your boycotts.

I assume our local fellow Canadians realize by now with whom they signed up and shouldn't expect sympathy, and our tax base is better served by businesses that are actually local. But again, I wouldn't go there even if they were perfect corporate citizens due to their acute wheat infestation.

Back