278     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 963     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.7K     2 

Chick-fil-A

Should Chick-fil-A stay or go?

• Total voters
Yeah Panera in this country isn't great, It's way better in better in the US. Canadian food is so overpriced, restaurants cut back on quality ingredients. Five Guys is the same thing. Go to the states, the burgers are nothing like the crap we get in Canada.
I went to Five Guys not long after it first opened on Yonge street. Ordered the large burger and was given a free order of fries. The burger bun disintegrated in my hands so it was a mess to eat. I don't remember anything remarkable about the taste. As for the free fries... they were inedible. I never returned to Five Guys after that. Never understood the big hype over Five Guys.

I've heard similar complaints about the Halal Guys location at Yonge & Wellesley. Overpriced and the quality and flavor isn't there. Just doesn't compare with the original NYC streetcart experience.

I've heard similar complaints about the Halal Guys location at Yonge & Wellesley. Overpriced and the quality and flavor isn't there. Just doesn't compare with the original NYC streetcart experience.

You know i find all restaurant food has gone down the drain lately. Some of my go to take out spots have cut back on quality and portion sizes, because of the pandemic. I understand it, they have no dine in service, no tourists, no office crowd, They got to make cuts to stay afloat. I hope the quality returns once things get back to normal.

I eat at Papa John's Pizza. "People say i wouldn't support that right wing bigot" Yeah the founder/CEO is a bigot, but the guy that owns the Papa John's near me isn't. He's a hard working Pakistani immigrant putting in 14 hour work days to feed his family and pay his bills. I don't want to see him out of a job.
There are good people at Papa John's, just ask Mahk

More info about the Chick-fil-A opening at 336 Queen Street West. They're also looking to open an additional 20 restaurants in Canada by 2025.

I have been to their STC location a few times. I like their food but I find it to be a novelty.

I have been to their STC location a few times. I like their food but I find it to be a novelty.
Seriously, the Krispo "Wicked Chicken Sandwich" and waffle fries are far better than the lone time I tried the comparable products from Chick-fil-A. Add to that, Krispo is a virtual kitchen from Paramount Fine Foods, who are a far more socially responsible organization. And while C-f-A has worked (a bit) to improve themselves, I have mountains more respect and trust in Mohamad Fakih than I do any member of the Cathy family.

Last edited:

Back