News   Jun 25, 2024
 730     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 730     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Bravo Condos (22 Norton in NYCC, Baywood/Pemberton, 19s, P+S/IBI)

thanks for investigating Carter ... wow Pemberton has been on a shopping spree lately haven't they ? first Bohemian Embassy and now Bravo ... hopefully they built a good product as their buildings normally turn out pretty crappy finishing wise (ie: Princess Place, Premiere, Parklane)

They bought into both projects. They've gone JV with Baywood on the two projects. Looked like Baywood was cash strapped on their developments so Pemberton would put in cash money on a 50% share.

We are currently doing a couple small infill projects in the area of the BRAVO site. I hope it turns out good during construction, but I doubt it--I'm not questionning the developpers, theres just too much that is differing from renders and actual product now.

Hopefully we can see construction start soon on both projects :D

With the service roads nearing completion, I expect the remaining sites, such as Bravo's in southern North York Centre North and northern North York Centre South - or southern uptown North York Centre and northern downtown North York Centre - to see action soon. (Yes, I could have just said sites between Empress/Park Home and Finch.) The development/service road phasing is somewhat chicken and egg, though, as it partially depends on developers buying houses in the path of the service roads, transferring density, etc. There's really not that many sites left - Yonge can't afford to lose many more of its older retail blocks.

Scaled Model

Visited the 'relaunched' Bravo sales office yesterday ... looks like Pemberton revised the design slightly and eliminated the commercial office component of the this proposal (which was originally planned to be the future Baywood head office) ... the main access has been relocated from McKee Ave (north) to Norton Ave (south) ... the tower is now 19 storeys ~

Southeast + Northeast + Northwest + Northwest Elevations
Click to Enlarge

New Entrance Canopy Facing Norton Avenue

New Courtyard Garden

General Design + Rooftop Architectural Feature Remains Unchanged

Scaled Model

From Myles Burke Architectural Models' website ... clearly showing the previously proposed office component is now eliminated ~

1.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Parking lot is closed. Fencing going up for sales centre demo and moving out of sales centre. Site prep also begun...

After a strange hiatus things appear to be happening again. The protective pedestrian fencing is going up, There are a couple of trailers on site, drilling equipment and some sewer pipes.

My office is across from this development. Site has been cleared and leveled. Deep foundations drill on site. Old parking booth and old sales centre destroyed. Advertised hoarding has gone up, and temporary fast fence is being removed. I will try to give you updates on this site as long as i work across the street.

A picture of Bravo

My girlfriend lives across the street. Here's a pic I took last week.

Bravo_North_York_Condo.jpg

Bravo North York Condo, Under Construction.

Attachments

• Bravo_North_York_Condo.jpg
    Bravo_North_York_Condo.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 301
Yay, finally construction begins. It's been a long time coming. Construction was originally supposed to begin 2 years ago, but stalled due to recession.

I think excavation will begin shortly, they are now finished with the caissons (if that is what those large steel forms are going in to the ground?) around the exterior as far as I can tell as they were dismantling the deep foundations machine friday.

They're digging

This is the latest photo of the construction. Looks like they've started digging.

Click on the picture below.
|
|
V

IMG_2003.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 325

Back