News   Jul 16, 2024
 306     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 417     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.2K     3 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

The new Browns Shoes Store has opened on Bloor, and it is beautiful, and the stock is quite different than the other locations, selling D&G, Dsquared2, and my personal favourite, a pair of 2000$ stiletto knee high boots by Givenchy.

there is also a new store beside David's along Bay street, that sells Vans, and the like.. casual skater clothes in a very posh minimal environment, and I couldn't find a name on the store front aside from the letter "G", skater clothes aren't my thing, so I didn't bother to go in.

Bloor & Yorkville has become ever more nice an area to simply walk as the weather has warmed. This is the only area of the city where many still dress - for better or worse :)) to simply stroll. What a great area to people watch. My favourite spot is around that big rock thing beside the Bay subway entrance.

as reported in the retail thread on 22 april...

HMV Bloor (in the Holt Renfrew Centre) is being renovated. The concourse level of the store will be closing permanently next month, but the lobby and the main top level are in the process of going through a major re-fit.

The renovated store will be done in HMV's new "international look" and will be a prototype for how the Canadian arm of the company hopes to look/operate in the future.

It should re-open sometime in June.

Oh I see. I'm not a consumer so I wouldn't have a clue what music stores sell nowadays. I'm against freely advertising people I either don't know or don't care about; one ipod is enough for me, I rarely watch movies, I hate many evil products sold today. Am I old fashioned, or just really cheap?

Saving money is fun.:)

The HMV on Bloor (in the Holt Renfrew Centre) has closed. Great location for a potential European couturier.

For some reason, Bloor between Bay and Yonge has lost its 'cachet' in recent times. The same could be said for Bloor in general. Before I left Toronto about a year and a half ago, I had high expectations for such retail locations as 150 Bloor (now Puma), 144-146 Bloor, and a few others. Now with Winners, Guess, RW&Co., Mendocino, H&M and the like on the Mink Mile, I would argue that a new, nearby luxury-street could be warranted, not unlike Kohlmarkt in Vienna, Goethstrasse in Frankfurt, Oak Street in Chicago, Rodeo Drive Beverly Hills, or Bond Street(s) in London. Maybe Cumberland Street, once Cumberland Terrace is (ever?) rebuilt, or Yorkville Avenue around the new Four Seasons, could become such a high-fashion destination?

HMV is renovating, not gone.

I personally feel that Cumberland between Bay and Yonge should be turned into a pedestrian plaza ala 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.... think about it... it could be magnificent... think about it.... (removal, and rezoning of Cumberland Terrace, of course.

HMV is renovating, not gone.

I personally feel that Cumberland between Bay and Yonge should be turned into a pedestrian plaza ala 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica.... think about it... it could be magnificent... think about it.... (removal, and rezoning of Cumberland Terrace, of course.

How about just pushing it all the way out from Yonge to Avenue Road? That would be even more magnificent. :) Good idea. 3rd street promenade ... haven't been in 4 years; wonder how its doing? It has the advantage of proximity to that big mall; can't remember the name of it. They filmed some scenes there from one of the Terminator movies ...

Back