News   Jul 16, 2024
 370     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 476     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

No. I agree that it would be a great location for Dominion Modern. And a few contemporary art galleries maybe - in the early '80s the Chroma Living exhibition was held there - if anyone can be dragged back up to that part of town from Queen West.

Long ago Karsh had a studio there.

March 6 2008

Harry Rosen, darling.

2314668441_9a330e6181_b.jpg

2315477260_756790732b_b.jpg

It's not "ugly", just incomplete. (Though my nickname of "Thermo-King" still holds...)

I love the new smokey glass! They could have been cheap and just installed a flat glass panel, but by cutting it concave like they did it provides for a wonderful, if subtle, effect. The added density on the corner is of course also welcomed!

ugly?

yes it looks quite ugly now but i think once it's finished it'll have a unique look

I've never bought anything from that store but I assume

its location makes it a profitable one and a candidate for this type of thing. The 'brands' shown on the wraparound banner - Lacoste, Zegna, etc., are of the 'mass-tige' type that appeal to the young banking and finance types male and middle-aged middle managers. It's amusing to windowshop there - fun to see to the Harry Rosen business casual 'uniform' in the windows - casual but expensive, a little precious.:)

They also do tailored clothing here - the $5K and up suit and pants so again I assume it's a profitable store.

You can get their made to order line for 1200. It's actually cheaper than many of the off the rack brands they carry.

Far Coast Cafe (95A Bloor Street West) is closed from what I understand...any speculation as to who will move in?

Couldn't say...but somehow I feel it would really suit a Georg Jensen store.

Seriously, it's not out of the question...aren't we reaquainting ourselves with high quality, mid-century Scando design again?

"Far Coast Cafe (95A Bloor Street West) is closed from what I understand...any speculation as to who will move in?"

Maybe a Zegna store? I've seen some billboard ads around town recently without any local retailers mentionned so they may be pre-marketing their brand. I could see them on Bloor, but probably on the north side.

"Far Coast Cafe (95A Bloor Street West) is closed from what I understand...any speculation as to who will move in?"

Maybe a Zegna store? I've seen some billboard ads around town recently without any local retailers mentionned so they may be pre-marketing their brand. I could see them on Bloor, but probably on the north side.

I heard an upscale sunglasses retailer is moving in (not sunglass hut).

Not sure if it "counts" as retail, but there is a new restaurant called "true" that is opening within the next few weeks (hiring now) across the street from 'Flo's Diner' on Yorkville ave.

That's a crazy website. It's like a trip to a magical fairy land. I would have had no idea the place sells sunglasses if I didn't follow the link from here. Talk about overbranding.

Back