News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 366     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

So is Links of London going into the old Mac location or not? Saw a "for lease" sign on their window. Maybe they found a better location?

Another rumour: BCBG is moving to the old Puma spot.

Awesome loss of "public" space (there goes the foundation) replaced with plastic seating... jesus at least they could have sprung for DWR's Marais chairs...
http://www.dwr.com/product/dining/chairs/dining-chairs/marais-a-chair.do?sortby=ourPicks

I beleive the chairs were placed there to show the Liquor inspectors the layout and size of the patio. i am sure they will beadding new tables and chairs, since they spent over 4 million on the interior... btw those chairs are now gone.

Has anyone tried La Societe yet? I walked up there long after the Devo concert had finished on Saturday night, getting there just after midnight, and was surprised to discover that it was just closing for the night. I thought it was going to be open until the wee hours like the old Bloor Street Diner ( that used to be above Holts ) used to be.

Has anyone tried La Societe yet? I walked up there long after the Devo concert had finished on Saturday night, getting there just after midnight, and was surprised to discover that it was just closing for the night. I thought it was going to be open until the wee hours like the old Bloor Street Diner ( that used to be above Holts ) used to be.

Tried it last Friday and it was pretty good, though a few items were missing from the menu (probably a bad idea to go two days after it opened for business). Portion sizes are more Euro-style than North American, and it's a good idea to order sides. Dinner for two with wine and mineral water is probably about $60 per person, before tax and tip. The patio menu is different from what is served upstairs.

Since I'm in Toronto this weekend I walked by la societe and I must say that the patio looks beautiful!! Well done!

Walking on Bloor today I saw advertisements for Global TV. They are moving their morning show to a studio fronting on Bloor, just west of Church.

Walking on Bloor today I saw advertisements for Global TV. They are moving their morning show to a studio fronting on Bloor, just west of Church.

Where's the current location ?

^^^

Global does not currently have a morning show.

As to its other programs, they remain (mostly) based out of its Don Mills area facility, on Barber Green Rd.

However, Global (prior to itself being acquired by SHAW; bought Alliance Atlantis' TV channels (FOOD, Slice, HGTV)

Alliance had its Master Control and offices in the office tower on Bloor.

Global has known for sometime that it needs to move out of its current facility which is woefully inadequate, not merely because of its size/layout, but because they need to have a strong downtown presence for branding reasons, for employees and to get the best interviews/guests (most of whom are staying in downtown hotels)

It was, I believe, the original would-be tenant of what became Corus Quay.

Not sure if Global's then financial issues or just something about the specifics of the deal being offered by TEDCO (the city) didn't work.

At any rate, I'm assuming Global has chosen Alliance's old digs at their downtown presence for now.

Fabricland on Bloor/Park is gone (or is going). Anyone know if The Bay is going to be opening TopShop there? The space is certainly big enough!

Funny, I was in there last week to buy some material to make a hat band.

m0851 are moving from St. Thomas to Avenue Road and Bloor, soon. They're also opening a second store at Bayview Village Shopping Centre. According to one of the sales staff last weekend.

I wanna see ferragamo, zegna, Jimmy choo, Dior, and Tory burch on bloor!!!! Will it happen u think??

Is m0851 moving to the old Walter Steiger space, beside Marlowe on Avenue? It is strange because the space beside the current m0851 on ST. Thomas has just recently been leased...maybe both spaces are being consolidated to create one big space?

I wanna see ferragamo, zegna, Jimmy choo, Dior, and Tory burch on bloor!!!! Will it happen u think??

I think Dior and Ferragamo are a sure bet before the end of the year. The other ones may end up opening in Yorkdale before Bloor. More so for space than for visibility.

At any rate, I'm assuming Global has chosen Alliance's old digs at their downtown presence for now.
Seems like it. I can foresee a day though when Shaw Media and Corus are basically combined (as they have the same owners) into one company along with Global TV. At this point, I'd imagine all will be located into an expanded Corus Quay.

It's still always interesting to speculate on CTV's long-term plans too and whether 9 Channel Nine Court will be eventually abandoned.

I keep hoping Channel Nine Court will be abandoned in favour of a downtown studio complex. Most of the other media companies have done so already, but CTV is holding back in Agincourt.

Back