News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 945     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

News has it GAP Kids at Bay and Bloor (west of Bay) will be leaving their premises and consolidating into their GAP location right at Bay and Bloor.

With Marciano gone, has there been any word as to who is moving in? No hoarding there either.

Marciano wasn't there that long.
Guess there wasn't any point of expanding Guess' market demographic / share.

News has it GAP Kids at Bay and Bloor (west of Bay) will be leaving their premises and consolidating into their GAP location right at Bay and Bloor.

i can't confirm if that's the case but it's a smart business decision.
the corner property has better exposure and i'm sure they can find some space to accommodate the added inventory selection.

Marciano wasn't there that long.
Guess there wasn't any point of expanding Guess' market demographic / share.

i can't confirm if that's the case but it's a smart business decision.
the corner property has better exposure and i'm sure they can find some space to accommodate the added inventory selection.

But wouldn't that mean that the main store'll have much less of everything? I thought the location was a flagship, no?

I guess that'll leave a big space. Maybe TopShop or something will land the location.

But wouldn't that mean that the main store'll have much less of everything? I thought the location was a flagship, no?

I guess that'll leave a big space. Maybe TopShop or something will land the location.

i wonder what are the steps to apply for a permit to construct a mezzanine level for the Bay/Bloor location?
IIRC that flagship store has at least double height ceilings, so at least height-wise, there's nothing preventing them from doing something similar to Banana Republic on Bloor.

Looks like the old Feet First location is going to be MAC. Not sure if it's an expansion from next door or a move.

Finally confirmation that Intermix is moving into the old Lululemon http://www.torontolife.com/daily/st...space-for-late-august-early-september-launch/

I realize that it is across from what is considered to be the most exclusive strip on Bloor, but I still maintain that I think Dior might take the corner space in the Park Hyatt on the north-west corner of Avenue and Bloor...will be nice to have more confirmations soon with regards to Ferragamo, et cetera.

Finally confirmation that Intermix is moving into the old Lululemon http://www.torontolife.com/daily/st...space-for-late-august-early-september-launch/

I realize that it is across from what is considered to be the most exclusive strip on Bloor, but I still maintain that I think Dior might take the corner space in the Park Hyatt on the north-west corner of Avenue and Bloor...will be nice to have more confirmations soon with regards to Ferragamo, et cetera.

You mean Dior in the space where the jewelry store was? My guess for the 30,000 square foot space is that it will be a new LV, a Ferragamo and I've heard rumblings of a Breitling store so that would definitely be a nice addition.

I was at the MAC store yesterday. Turns out they're not expanding, but moving next door (old Feet First store). A sales guy said that he heard Links of London will be taking over the current MAC location.

I was at the MAC store yesterday. Turns out they're not expanding, but moving next door (old Feet First store). A sales guy said that he heard Links of London will be taking over the current MAC location.

That would be nice to see. I'm thinking we should hear an announcement soon about 150 Bloor West. The zoning application ammendment hearing is supposed to be tomorrow (or the 19th - I can't remember), so once approved, my guess is we should know the retailers moving in there.

Yeah, I noticed, too. (And across the street and down a bit: I think the old Lovecraft location's become taschen!)

It's really a great place. The lady who owns/runs it is a very sweet French woman from Paris who moved here about 20 years ago because she just fell in love with the city. She really believes in Yorkville and was a 'strong' community voice when I worked at the BY BIA.

Plus her fight against the 18 yorkville owners association about her patio is hilarious.

#teampatio

So the 'grand opening' of the new Bloor Street is June 19th. I wonder if we'll hear some big announcements then regarding new retailers.

Plus her fight against the 18 yorkville owners association about her patio is hilarious.

#teampatio

She once stormed into the BIA and demanded designer garbage bins in front of her cafe... As it was my first day I thought we got punk'd.

Back