Toronto Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport | ?m | ?s | Ports Toronto | Arup

Why? There are very few GA/Training airports in the GTA and several have closed in the last few years, it's also a very useful link for Medevac flights that are too far away to use a helicopter.
Because the land could be put to a far better use?

Negotiations must be starting on airport gate as the media campaign has begun!

Discussions between the Airport (Nieuport Aviation) Ports Toronto and the City have been happening for a bit now.

The Triparte agreement doesn't expire til 2033; but Federal Regulations will require runway extensions to be in place by early 2027 or the airport could be shut down.

The action here should start to see daylight later this year I would think.

A report was pegged to go Executive Ctte either this quarter or next.

Last edited:
Discussions between the Airport (Nieuport Aviation) Ports Toronto and the City have been happening for a bit now.

The Triparte agreement doesn't expire til 2033; but Federal Regulations will require runway extensions to be in place by mid 2027 or the airport could be shut down.

The action here should start to see daylight later this year I would think.
Believe it or not the ‘deadline’ to make a permanent decision is actually very close as it is Ports Toronto’s position that to secure financing for such a large project they need a very long-term timeline for repayment. Also construction is very complex and needs extensive approvals and reviews. WaterfrontForAll has a lot of info.

Believe it or not the ‘deadline’ to make a permanent decision is actually very close as it is Ports Toronto’s position that to secure financing for such a large project they need a very long-term timeline for repayment. Also construction is very complex and needs extensive approvals and reviews. WaterfrontForAll has a lot of info.

I am ............informed..........on this file.

Back