News   Jul 26, 2024
 971     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2.4K     3 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Thing is, we still have no idea what that building's going to look like because of the lens those renderings are shot through, which makes the top of the building look like it flares outwards, and, of course, obliterate its context. Hard to visualise its lines - and with a design like that, it's mostly lines - when those lines are distorted.

The employees of the Swiss Reinsurance company probably aren't engaged the most thrilling of employment ventures either, but they haven't been denied the opportunity to work in a landmark, eye-popping building.

I feel sorry for those who have to work in our extremely bland opera house. Those big black brick walls staring down on you all the time has got to be depressing.

bb, I did temper my comment with a joke about the exciting world of mapmaking at the end, but I dunno, reinsurance sounds like the crazy-ass end of accounting, like it gets all the risk-taking number-crunchers. Foster seems like a fit for them. I doubt I really needed to use all those hyphens.

billy: I think working in the ballet/opera house would be rather exciting: you get to dress up in gorgeous costumes, do something creative that you love doing, and bring happiness to the 2,000 people facing you in the audience, night after night. Staff working in the City Room get to see the hustle and bustle of a big downtown streetscape whenever they glance over the heads of the patrons they are serving. Performers in the rehearsal room get to look at the grounds of Osgoode and the Square at City Hall.

The Stump is all but gone boys and girls. You can now see through to the supports in most places I've taken some pictures and will update later today. Only a couple stories left of the two office buildings as well. Ya know now that almost everything is gone, this is quite a large space. didn't really think there was that large a pacel of land there. btw, I happen to really like this building as well. of course the proof is in the pudding.

The untimely demise of 320 Bay Street:lol

I like the full building rendering. From that perspective the "camera" would be located somewhere around the middle of 320 Bay Street. Since I work here, I can confirm that this building is quite in the way of the "photographer"

I feel sorry for those who have to work in our extremely bland opera house. Those big black brick walls staring down on you all the time has got to be depressin

Are there actually brick walls on the inside of the building? I didn't see them.

There will be three phases to this development, right? So the second building will be perpendicular to phase 1? And is phase 3 on top of the north parking garage immediately west of Cloud Park?

^
Sounds right, except I think you mean the second phase will be parallel on the East side. Though I would love to see the engineering feat that would go into building something perpendicular to phase 1.

Re: Some Pictures From Today

Fantastic vantage point! Please keep them coming.

BTW, the second link isn't working.

Great pic of the stump, taken by Taller, Better over at SSC...going, going, gone....

nov2606thestumpwf9.jpg

Looks like a fuzzy ferro-concrete sasquatch

Second Image in my post

Thanks, glad ya like the pics. I'm gonna try to take regular pics over the construction period. If you copy/paste the second link it seems to work, but clicking is having a problem.

I love that last ^^^ pic. Very cool.

Re: Second Image in my post

With coloured lights it'd look like a post-structuralist Christmas tree.

Back